Dish Network rumored to be interested in a deal with T-Mobile

Not exactly what this would do to benefit Dish, other than to grow bigger. The excitement would be over terrestrial broadband, though this may be the pathway to it.

T-Mobile is comparable to AT&T and Verizon in coverage where I live. It gets a little spottier out in rural areas than the other two but that's just how T-Mobile is. T-Mobile is so much cheaper that it's a fair tradeoff. Instead of $80/Mo my iPhone on Verizon I am now paying $30 with T-Mobile. It's also got faster 4G on my iPhone than Verizon and AT&T. I'm sure T-Mobile is improving their network by the day so I'm not going anywhere.

I'd much rather Dish merge with T-Mobile than The Devil (AT&T!)

T-mobile is VERY dependant on where you live and where you are, At&t and Verizon very much less so. That's actually fine if you are not one who travels alot and your area has decent coverage. But as someone who travels I can tell you T-mobile can be very frustrating because it is so spotty. I have each, one, on my tablet and one for cell service. I virtually always have a signal and data with At&t, and very thankful I am not dependent on T-mobile for cell service. Sprint it horrific, genuinely the worst for coverage. Our town used Sprint (actually originally used Nextel) and spend a large sum to change because when it was most needed there was no signal or it would just drop. There's a reason Verizon and At&t do cost more.

Good point about build-out, no doubt T-mobile is better now than just a few years ago and seems to be closer in coverage to the big two.
One other thing, it's too much to get into comparing costs exactly, but I know the rates of each, I don't see how you have the same level of service for $50 less.
T-mobile with their unlimited data also throttles after what you pay for, and mean really throttles, to at or below 2G. Their unlimited voice plans are similar to At&t. For regular voice plans I spend less with At&t than Verizon because of rollover, and because I can call any mobile, not just At&t for no minutes. They also provide a device for your home if you have a less than desirable signal, and it gives you full bars anywhere in an around your house, no extra charge. And At&t has a much bigger array of subsidised phones to choose from. In fact there are several things that you have to consider along with coverage before just the cost.

Last edited:
Everyone is just looking at he t mobile side of the equation. Your forgetting dish has more licensed spectrum then any of the big 4 national carriers.

Sent From My Samsung Hercules

Not in cell phone frequencies. Dish has about 40MHZ AT&T/VZ run about 80-100 depending on the market. But, of course AT&T/VZ have 2G/3G/4G networks so theirs is more divided up.

What Dish brings to T-Mobile is a very nice unused lump of nationwide spectrum and probably a lot of cash. T-Mobile brings lots of towers, backhaul and customers.

As a t-mobile customer I'd much rather go to DISH. Sprint has horrible service and everyone I've ever known who used them has regretted it.

I doubt either company goes with DISH. They will probably use DISH's offer, to pump up the bids by competing companies to buy them instead. I doubt either company wants Charlie as their boss.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts