Dish Network Satellite dish question in La Paz Mexico

cpteich

Original poster
Mar 31, 2012
La Paz BCS
I have a vacation home in La Paz Mexico (80 miles north of Cabo San Lucas). I have Direct Tv in my home in the Los Angeles area. Last month in La Paz, I noticed some Direct Tv dishes around. I contacted the homeowners who advised me they could not get Direct Tv down in La Paz. They tried and were unable to get a signal. I also saw and contacted a few homeowners in La Paz who have Dish Network. They said they get approx 30-40% of the channels they do in the states. First off, can I get my US Direct TV coverage in La Paz? If so what kind and size of dish do I need? Secondly, If Direct TV is out, What kind of equipment do I need for Dish Network. The Dishes I saw were much larger than the standard size I see in the states. I was planning on doing the RV package Dish has which is the pay as you go per month. They recommended the 211 receiver (I cannot recall the exact model # at this time). Dish stated the box would work fine in a residence as well as in an RV. The dishes I saw looked like they were 4-5 feet in diameter. Thanks in advance, Pete.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)