Dish Network satellite pairings.

Ypsiguy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 5, 2019
Ypsilanti, MI
I am curious about the common pairings of Dish's satellites. For example, my dishes aim at Echo16/Nimiq5. What are other pairings along the geostationary arc that are commonly used?

Parings? Hmm normally DISH Network goes best with Red Wine. (Or so I am told) :D

Not sure if that is the right way to phrase it, but if wine is involved...:thumbup

I know of Echo16/Nimiq5, aka the Eastern "arc". The Western group or "arc" sounds like it is 110W/119W and 129W.

Is mixing satellites from the arcs a bad thing...sorta like "crossing the streams".

Reactions: charlesrshell
I have 110/119/129 and a wing dish with 61.5 for my HD locals. Many of the channels on 61.5 are also on the western arc satellites. I always wondered how the H3 decides which satellite to use for duplicated channels.

Not sure if that is the right way to phrase it, but if wine is involved...:thumbup
I have 110/119/129 and a wing dish with 61.5 for my HD locals. Many of the channels on 61.5 are also on the western arc satellites. I always wondered how the H3 decides which satellite to use for duplicated channels.

That's what I was wondering as well. Sounds like there is some sort of algorithm that picks one out if there is duplication.

Your setup tells me I can mix Eastern and Western Arc satellites if desired.

I'm not sure how it is now but back when I had an H1, it was confused with me having a wing dish on 61.5 added into my 110/119/129 WA setup.

It would not record anything off of 61.5 but occasionally an ABC program,

Dish switched me to full EA and the problem was gone.

My Hopper2 and 1K4 dish is currently "paired" with the 61.5, 72.7, and 77 sats, but sometimes I "pair" it with 110, 119, and 129 depending on where we are.

Reactions: Ypsiguy
Gotcha, so keep 61.5/72.7/77 and 110/119/129 separate.
There's different LNBF's for each arc, and typically now, the 77 sat is not used on the eastern arc with 1K2 dishes with a dual LNBF rather than the triple LNBF used with the discontinued 1K4 dish. Those needing the 77 sat now would likely get a separate wing dish installation.

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)