Dish Network Services - DVR

Cliff498_2

Original poster
Apr 3, 2004
Houston TX
Similar to the other thread about a 2nd receiver, I was wondering about how Dish treats a Skyangel customer getting a DVR.

Of course, if one gets a 501 or 508 receiver, there is no monthly fee. But what if one gets as their single, primarly receiver a 510?

Doesn't Dish want to get DVR "because they can" fees, to be like the DirectTivo? When the 508 goes away, I don't see how Skyangel customers can get a DVR receiver unless they pay Dish the monthly fees.

-Cliff

According to DISH, it's $4.98 for anybody except those that have the Everything pak. So, by default, a Sky Angel only customer does have to pay the $4.98 DVR fee.

GC,

The confusion comes in because Sky Angel -only subscribers are NOT Dish Network subscribers. Sky Angel is a separate DBS company. This is why there is no Dish $5 access fee for SA only subs.

See ya
Tony

Ok, so suppose someone buys me a Lifetime subscription to Skyangel service. I realize I need a Dishnetwork receiver and a dish to point to 61.5 satellite, so I procure a dish and a 311 receiver at Sears, Wal-Mart, Radio Shack, etc.

Then, with this setup:
Dish Access fee - none
2nd Receiver fee - none
DVR fee - none

And, then suppose I want to swap out the 311 with a 501/508/721 DVR. Then Access fee - none, 2nd Receiver fee - none, and DVR fee - none.

But, suppose another, newer DVR is obtained (I guess through ebay) such as 510, 522, 322. With one of the newer model DVRs,

Dishnetwork "access fee" - none?
2nd Receiver fee - none (because I gave away the 311)
DVR fee - $5 / month, on a bill from Dishnetwork, not Skyangel

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)