Dish Network Set-up

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

IDunnoWhy

Original poster
May 22, 2008
Hi All, I'm new here, and have a question.....

I am currently setting up my Dish Network service at my permanent campsite (I have Dish at home, and am simply taking a second receiver the the camper). I have a dish500 satellite dish at home, but as of yet haven't gotten a dish to setup at the camper, I do have a DirecTV dish, but I'm uncertain if it will receive the programming, even if it's aimed correctly, It's a single LNB so I beleive that limits my programming, which I'm OK with, but will it even work? Do I need a dish 500 dish w/LNB ? or a dish 300 dish w/LNB to receive Dish Network programming?

Thanks in advance!

you can use a directv dish, pointed at one satellite to receive some of the programming, but not all.
Best thing to do is pick up a Dish500 from somewhere.

Thanks for the reply, I've been searching on craigslist, but at least now I can post a "wanted ad" for the correct dish!

Thanks again!

-Denny

Thanks for the reply, I've been searching on craigslist, but at least now I can post a "wanted ad" for the correct dish!

Thanks again!

-Denny

Look for ads for companies hiring for DISH installers in your area. Then go to their local install office and check the dumpster.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)