Dish network setup-Help!

jcosta

Original poster
May 7, 2009
New Jersey
Hi everyone. I have a dish network system with a VIP222k reciever that was recently installed. There are two dishes (One for HD, one for non HD). There is a holland diplexer (DPD2) that sends the signal to the two tv's in question here. The cable that goes to the reciever is connected to a second diplexer, and the SAT output goes to sat1 and sat2 connections on the reciever. The UHF/VHF side of the diplexer goes to Home Distribution input on the reciever. The secondary tv works of off of the same reciever on by using channel 73.

All I want to do is swap the dish reciever and put it on the what is now the secondary tv, and vice-versa. But when I swap the connections on the outdoor diplexer, it doesn't work. I have also tried swapping the connections on the second diplexer.

Anyone know what the problem is?

It sounds like you should be able to swap the cables on the "outside" diplexer. The trick is which cables to swap. The attached diagram should help. Swap the UHF/VHF cable with the one on the other side of the diplexer, NOT the one on the same side of the diplexor--swap the yellow one with the striped one in the diagram. Move everything except the wall cable i.e., the "inside" diplexor, separator, and receiver to the other room, reconnect everything, and you should be good to go.

Hope this helps!

Attachments

• DistributionExample7[1].pdf
    310 KB · Views: 200
After reviewing the diagram that Rick Ruth linked to, see if you can refine your description of the way that your system is set up. Chances are pretty good that this diagram describes the way it is really set up.

Be very careful not to confuse the terms "splitter", "diplexer" and "separator" as they serve three entirely different purposes in this context.

Are both of the TVs HD capable (or neither)?

Rick..you're a genius! It works! You pinpointed what I was doing wrong....I was swapping the UHF/VHF with the SAT connection on the diplexer.

Thanks again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)