Dish Network site down?

It's obvious they are having site problems due to a website redesign.

Calm down people... it'll likely be up soon.

It's obvious they are having site problems due to a website redesign.

Calm down people... it'll likely be up soon.

That very well may be the case, but this is 2007 - website problems of this magnitude are unheard of and smell of gross incompetence. In an e-commerce site, this does little to build my confidence in using the site. If they are having this many problems, can they really be trusted to safeguard our personal information and credit card numbers?

OK, I admit that I am being a little hard on Dish, but this is just the latest of customer service snafus and what would appear to be a real disconnect between Dish and its customers.

Calm down guys. the world does not end because the site is down.

Press menu and then 3 for customer service. You can see the transactions there at least. This still works despite the web access.

Press menu and then 3 for customer service. You can see the transactions there at least. This still works despite the web access.

I forgot that option was there. Of course, that requires having a phone line connected and a remote where the numbers actually work.

By the way, the website is still down this morning. Someone remind me why I stick with Dish... is it because the past three software updates have screwed up my 522 receiver? Or because Dish refuses to give long-time loyal customers decent breaks on equipment upgrades or service upgrades? Or is it because Dish ticks off programmers and drops channels seemingly at random because they can't negotiate a deal with the programmers? Or is it because Dish raises prices and reduces programming? Or is it because I can't get a CSR that speaks fluent English?

Ok, enough ranting. I really do like Dish and have no intention of switching to D* or going back to cable. I just wish they were a little more sensitive to their current customer base.

Wow still down. Cant log on to see my account.

I bet they out sourced the web site support to India . . . . or some other far away county.

Their customer service portion of the website appears to be up and running now.

I woke up a few mins ago, was able to log in to my account and pay my bill that is due today (so no late fee or phone convenience fees!)

Its BACK UP!!! I just logged in on all three of my Dish accounts and it works. The dvr advantage pack wouldn't let me complete the transaction though and I had to call anyway to talk to a csr. But now I am saving about $4.00 a month with the new pack over the old 250w locals + hd pack . So no price increase for me now.

hrm... wont let me log in still... says technical difficulties... its different than the first message...shorter:

Unable to logon to system due to technical difficulties. Please try again at a later time.

EDIT: tried from another pc, seems to be working...maybe some sort of dns issue... *shrug*

Last edited:
I got logged on finally and wow was I surprised. It said I had a past due balance of 267 dollars. And I've been on autopay for several years so it beats me how I can have a past due amount. I just paid the amount and called the 800 nmbr to find out what was going on. Spoke to someone in the Philipines who retook the order for DishAdvantage (250 with Starz - no HBO this time - plus the HD pack). She quoted 97.00. That's 9.00 more than what the original rep quoted with HBO included.

Sent an email to ceo.echostar.com to get further clarification.

Good luck to everyone, I hope no one else gets a surprise like mine.

I have not been abkle to get on the site for over 12 hours now......is anyone else getting? "Due to technical difficulties, we are unable to process your request at this time. Please try again at a later time or contact the Customer Service Center at 1-800-333-DISH (3474) for account assistance."

I have not been abkle to get on the site for over 12 hours now......is anyone else getting? "Due to technical difficulties, we are unable to process your request at this time. Please try again at a later time or contact the Customer Service Center at 1-800-333-DISH (3474) for account assistance."

I haven't been able to get into the site more than once or twice in the past 3 days. Do they have any intention on getting it fixed in this decade? :rolleyes:

Yes it is down, becuase it will scam you.

I clicked on the banner ad to sign up for DVR advantage. It took my credit card number signed me up for C-Card Auto Pay BUT NO DVR advantage.

I got an error message at the end say technical error and I would have to call.

Hours later I got an email for Welcome to CCard auto pay, but No discount for the DVR advantage.

I emailed them. They said you cant sign up online (even though there are banner adds and buttons to click) Then called them. The CSR had no clue.

You know, they could take a lesson from D*. I was on their site last night, it had all the old package information. Then today, the new packages go into effect. So I go on the D* site again this morning, and what do you know, they had everything all changed with all the new packages and new pricing. It looks as if they may have even PLANNED this in advance with new site ready to roll out, so that all they had to do was flip a switch. Now, obviously I'm not able to log in to their Customer Service site, but if it's anything like their main site, then they look a lot more professional than E*.

Anyone know when we'll be ablet o sign in to our accounts again?

It's an on again/off again thing right now ,so maybe it'll just be a few hours. I was able to log onto my account at the Dish site late Sunday afternoon, view my bill, and even add local channels to my package. Now, this morning, they've been back to the "technical difficulties" message once more.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)