Dish Network Statement on MLB

Tell me about it, but I've got 5 PVRs, 2 SW64 switchs, and another year on my 622 commitment so I'm stuck.... I'd also miss the Voom channels and the quality of the picture with the rest of what I watch.

I was probably going to get the MLB.TV package anyway as I like to watch it on my desk at work when there is a day game....

I was angry when I read this and saw that DISH had removed channel 625 that I called DISH and asked how much it would cost me to end my service. They told me $240! They've got me coming and going. :mad:

I posted this in another thread:

For those in the Bay Area, I sent an email to FSBA and this is what they replied:

"Unfortunately we have not heard anything about if and when Dish will add FSN BAY AREA's HD games. the ball is 100% in their court. You would be better to ask them"

I figure that would be the case so let's begin pressuring Dish Network to see if they can give us FSBA games in HD.

You guys talk like the entire world loves baseball and it is the end of the world if you cant get what you want.
Well, guess what there are other things just as good as baseball, and charlie wants to keep everyone happy to some degree, all sports I look for a different network, no sports, you look for a different network.

I was angry when I saw this thread at work and fired off an email to ceo@echostar.com. How long can can Charlie and Jim keep playing the cost figure.

Last February my Dish bill went up $3, my basic cable (OTA only) went up $3 and my DirecTV bill (basic package) went up $3. Perhaps we should all be getting a rebate now that Dish is saving $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ by telling the baseball fans to go some where else.....

Sad thing in is my good friends in Virginia Beach (where I used to live until Nov 2003) are upset that Dish wont pay for MASN and think its unfair to be with out any baseball this year. I have a relative in New York who is upset he cant get YES and watch the Yankees.

They want to have Dish pay for there sports channels and pass it on to every one else but dont want to pay for EI.

Perhaps if all the Dish people pulled together and supported each other we would get something done. It does not help that we have non baseball fans in the thread here who openly say they have no interest in the sport encouraging Charlie not to acquire the package either.

I have no interest in Court TV or NHL Center Ice but I would not openly post to say I dont want to pay for it and to cut it off from those that do want it. We baseball fans support the Center Ice and the NBA League pass by being Dish Network customers whether we like it or not.

I dont care about RSN in HD right now but I am not condemning those who want them even though the money I pay to Dish no doubt helps cover the cost. perhaps those of us who dont benefit should email and say no to the non national HD channels. How would those of you who lost or did not gain them feel.

Sorry to dump on every one but if all Dish Network customers pulled together and supported each other for the programing we want we might get some where. Hockey fan can keep there Hockey, HS fans can keep there HD and people could actually watch there RSNs

Sorry but we are fighting among our selves on this one in a non agressive sort of way. Heck I dont support Court TV but I pay for it.

Sorry, I have no interest in sports AT ALL. If you really want sports extras like MLB or NFL sunday ticket then you could always pay for DIRECTV to supplement your DISH programming or just switch entirely to DIRECTV. It would cost you about 29.99 a month to sub to the family pack but you would then be able to sub to the above premium sports packs.

I am tired of sports running up my bill every year and I am talking about ESPN extorting more money every year to keep them on the line up and for us to have access to ABC and W.Disney . High priced sports teams are what are driving the cost up for everyone in tv including cable and satellite. I am all for Charlie excluding these high priced whores from Dish if it means my bill won't go up.

I would feel the same about HD channels too. I felt this year that making everyone with AEP pay an extra 10.00 a month to have the hd pack was mass extortion too. This was DIsh's greed here that caused this price hike.

I do not want my bill going up so a few ,and I mean about 55,000 people , can watch baseball. Hell I think there were about 900,000 people who lost their distant networks and DISH made out just fine. They used another company like AMERICAN DIRECT to provide the distants on the same sat but they found a way. IN fact they added more subs this last quarter than expected, and even more than Directv did in the same quarter. So I don't think that losing this premium pack will matter much to them in the grand scheme of things.

Is it bad that Dish will lose the extra sports premiums ? Sure because it limits choice for the consumer. Is it great that Charlie recognizes that making everyone pay for the few, that want the sports and make everyone's bill go up , a bad thing? YES! I am all for someone trying to keep my bill down . I would love if ALL sports were pure ala carte and had no influence in the price of the programming packs. I mean full ala carte, not just the family pack that excludes them, but also excludes other choices.

Funny thing about the three dollar increase in my limited basic cable bill.

I get 2 non local West Virginia ABC, and NBC stations, a cable only FOX, a cable only CW and a CBS station plus a public interest channel. IT cost $15,95 for just those. I received a $3 increase specifically to cover the increase in sports fees. . . .

You guys talk like the entire world loves baseball and it is the end of the world if you cant get what you want.
Well, guess what there are other things just as good as baseball, and charlie wants to keep everyone happy to some degree, all sports I look for a different network, no sports, you look for a different network.

There are not other things just as good as baseball. Period.

Well, guess what? Baseball is my favorite sport. Nothing is better to me. If you do not like baseball, why are you here posting? Just to annoy? Charlie wants to keep everyone happy to some degree? How do you figure? He holds out as long as he can, strings us along, bickers with stations and even yanks them if he sees fit.
Yeah, he is looking out for us.

Not to get anyones hopes up, but I just talked with one of my good insider contacts and he said "The game is not over yet."

Dont know what that means and he wouldn't talk any more about it then that. So again I sit here and wait for some final news on whats going on. :(

Just recieved this email from Dish about an hour ago

Robert,

Thanks for the email. I can certainly understand your frustration
regarding the MLB Extra Innings package. We are still negotiating with
MLB to bring the Extra Innings package back this season. Unfortunately
we do not have any specific information regarding if and when we may get
this package back. As of right now, we have not been able to reach a
deal with MLB to provide the package.

I know that this was not the answer that you are looking for, but this
is currently the only information available. Thanks for your patience.
Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
Eric VanLaethem
EchoStar Satellite L.L.C.
Dba DISH Network

Now on the Dish website:

whatsOn_MLB_bar.gif

This website is a resource to help explain the recent actions by Major League Baseball and the impact on DISH Network customers and other television consumers. It also provides details on how affected customers and interested parties can help to have professional sports TV packages available to all.

What Happened?

DISH Network customers have been able to enjoy out of market baseball with the Extra Innings package for several years. Major League Baseball has decided to strike a deal that prevents America’s pastime from being available on your TV service provider of choice --- disenfranchising hundreds of thousands of baseball fans nationwide.
  • Over the past several weeks, DISH Network diligently tried to reach a fair agreement with Major League Baseball to keep the Extra Innings package on DISH Network without having to pass on huge cost increases to customers.
  • DISH Network made many concessions and offered numerous solutions, including extending a current agreement until a resolution could be reached. Major League Baseball refused.
  • The US Senate Commerce Committee held a hearing and invited DISH Network, Major League Baseball and other industry representatives to testify. The president of DISH Network testified on your behalf and said we needed a fair deal that kept your Extra Innings on DISH. At that hearing, Democratic and Republican leaders urged Major League Baseball to come to an agreement with us so that customers would not lose their Extra Innings games.
  • Major League Baseball’s demands are blatantly anti-consumer – and they refuse to budge.
DISH Network remains interested in the Extra Innings package but we are not optimistic that Major League Baseball will propose a fair deal for our customers.
Am I Able to Get Major League Baseball with DISH Network?

Rest assured, DISH Network customers will continue to enjoy access to thousands of major league baseball games per year, including those broadcast on ESPN, Regional Sports Networks and local networks which have broadcast agreements for Major League Baseball carriage. The great news is that you will continue to have access to this programming within your existing programming packages including the playoffs and the World Series.

Can DISH Network customers still get out of market Major League Baseball Games?

DISH Network customers who have high speed internet access have the option of purchasing MLB.TV as an alternative to the MLB Extra Innings package for their baseball viewing needs starting at only $14.95 per month or $89.95 per year. While not the same as TV, the MLB.TV is a service available to consumers allowing them to utilize their computer along with high speed internet connection in order to enjoy every 2007 regular season out-of market game live. In addition, MLB.TV customers will enjoy condensed games, searchable videos, clickable line scores, Baseball Channel & extended highlights.
What is DISH Network doing to reverse Major League Baseball’s decision?

We are now working with key members of Congress to fight to make professional sports available to all. DISH Network was recently invited to testify at the US Senate Commerce Committee hearing to urge Congress to take action to protect consumers. The President of DISH Network testified on your behalf and said we needed a fair deal that kept Extra Innings available to you. At that hearing, Democratic and Republican leaders urged Major League Baseball to come to an agreement with us so that customers would not lose their Extra Innings games, or their right to watch Extra Innings on the television provider of their choice.
Again, your access to Major League Baseball games via ESPN, Regional Sports Networks, and local networks that currently carry games will not be affected.

Not to get anyones hopes up, but I just talked with one of my good insider contacts and he said "The game is not over yet."

Dont know what that means and he wouldn't talk any more about it then that. So again I sit here and wait for some final news on whats going on. :(
I think he is being an optimist, but I truly hope they get it worked out for any dish customer who wants to pay for it to have it just like they have been for years.
My pre paid boxes to send my hardware back are on their way.
Cheers to the optional $49.50 for no contract!!

We are now working with key members of Congress to fight to make professional sports available to all. DISH Network was recently invited to testify at the US Senate Commerce Committee hearing to urge Congress to take action to protect consumers.

Oh give me a F'n break. If In Demand made a deal then there is no reason that Dish can't make one as well.

I hate to say it, but if Dish Networks marketing department didnt suck as bad as they do they could easily expand the subscriptions to this package. I swear half of their marketing department was hired directly our of PRE SCHOOL.

Charlie, do not look twards SatelliteGuys to help you in your foolish push to go to Congress because you are too cheap to make a deal or hire a decent marketing department.

Oh give me a F'n break. If In Demand made a deal then there is no reason that Dish can't make one as well.

I hate to say it, but if Dish Networks marketing department didnt suck as bad as they do they could easily expand the subscriptions to this package. I swear half of their marketing department was hired directly our of PRE SCHOOL.

Charlie, do not look twards SatelliteGuys to help you in your foolish push to go to Congress because you are too cheap to make a deal or hire a decent marketing department.

I'm starting to believe that DISH would have been happier if In Demand didn't make a deal. Now ALL eyes are on them.

Well at least Dish is starting to say something. I would love to hear what concessions they have made besides offering to extend the current agreement while they talk.

Now I know exactly what it will take to get an agreement. As soon as I go on line and order MLB EI threw DirecTV Dish will strike a deal and will end up paying for it twice you wait and see. As soon as the free preview ends I will pay up and then get to pay up again.

Well at least Dish is starting to say something. I would love to hear what concessions they have made besides offering to extend the current agreement while they talk.

Now I know exactly what it will take to get an agreement. As soon as I go on line and order MLB EI threw DirecTV Dish will strike a deal and will end up paying for it twice you wait and see. As soon as the free preview ends I will pay up and then get to pay up again.
Give them a call and tell them not to auto renew

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)