Dish Network Steps up to the Plate

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
I want to say that I have been the first one to bitch and talk negatively about dish and their HD decision of HD Lite. I did not like that I had to subscribe to Gold package to get the new HD channels. In spite all the critism, Dish Network has stepped up to the plate since January 06. They added LIL HD channels, 5 Voom HD channels, and now 4 more HD channels. It shows if anything else that there is a direction and commitment to add more HD channels. This is something that was lacking on Dish a few months ago and we were all quite dissapointed. I think that inspite of negative things, Dish have stepped up to the plate to at least compete in the HD arena.

Sure not everythiing is like we all want it to be but at least they are trying.... Just my opinion.

...and they've certainly livened up the board the last few days. Some good "heated" debates, and alot of interesting news and discussions.

Yeah... so that means that in 6 months they added 5 + 2+ 4 = 11 National HD channels + your local HD channel (where it applies).

Yes Dish Has stepped up to the plate and I have seen alot of D* coustomers jumping ship.. While we have been tending to the negativites, I would like to say a big Thankyou to dish for stepping up to the plate atleast and providing us with more hd... All they need to do now is add any new aditional content as it comes along and lets keep the quality up while working on the existing content.. I really want to take dish off of my site :) You just dont know how bad I want to :) But untill then.... ;)

Thankyou dish :)

ripnbigc said:
:) The more HD the better. Thanks Dish.

Agreed.

Dish has given me 5 + 2 + 4 + 4 locals = 15 new HD channels since February.

Just add Food HD at launch and MHD later this year and I'll be the happiest person on earth.

It just seems like Dish drags their feet, which is why everyone complains. They hide and lie and then spring these things on us instead of just being honest about what's going on. It's one thing if they want to keep things under wraps, but if that's the case just say "no comment" instead of lying or giving us half-truths that scott has to debunk by poking certain inboxes.

We're your customers, not D* execs. Treat us accordingly...

Since we're all having these epiphanies I suppose I better jump in too.

Yes, Dish has stepped up to the plate in terms of new national and LiL HD and they deserve praise for it.

Some of us don't agree with degrading the quality of some HD channels to make room for others but that's what Dish has chosen to do and time will tell us if their latest statement that they WANT to provide HD at full rez is any more true than their prior statments.

Yes Dish has stepped up to the plate in terms of a reasonably priced and potentially decent HD DVR - the 622 and they deserve praise for it.

Some of us don't agree with Dish disguising channels as MPEG4 when they're really MPEG2 just to "force" subs to upgrade but that's what Dish chose to do and time will tell if this is going to be a pattern for future marketing stratigies.

There are always going to be some (myself included) that don't always agree with the methods Dish uses but there is currently no doubt that Dish has outdone the competition so therefore deserves the title of "HD Leader".

I also agree with some of what Purogamer says which is part of why I seem to be constantly chastising Dish. They do lie and embelish and they do deceive and manipulate customers. They often drag their feet and hide behind ambiguities and half-truths. But they've also come up with some good programing and hardware. They've recently exibited signs of intending to treat existing subs better. And lately they're certainly not dragging their feet on inovation.

I've said it before and I'll say it now: Dish has great potential. They just need to gain back some of the integrity they used to have. Don't be afraid to admit it when they screw up or something isn't going as planned. Call a spade a spade and tell customers when there are problems and say "this is what we're doing about it". When you're up front with people, you find you really don't need all that "wiggle room".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)