Dish Network = Stupidity

n0qcu said:
The FCC rules, which override your subdivision rules, state you can put up as MANY dishes as needed to receiver your programing.

That right! I just helped push this at my mother inlaws Condo assoc meeting. They were telling condo owners (these are like home sytle) that they HAD TO ORDER COMCAST as they would no allow dish.

I got copy of law and you should have seen this lame a** board presidents mouth drop! He called there on retainer laywer who quickly told them DISH IS ALLOWED! So we put up 8 dish;'s (2 per unit) that next weekend.

This bozo called everyone he could and finally found he could do NOTHING>!

funny end to story is that he ordered satellite a couple months later and thanked me for it!

iceshark said:
This bozo called everyone he could and finally found he could do NOTHING>!

funny end to story is that he ordered satellite a couple months later and thanked me for it!

Thats terribly funny... thanks for the laugh.

Hakus said:
I was kind of in the same situation, I too asked what it would take to cancel my contract..... came up to $170.... Small price to pay to get rid of those morons. They came to install my 622, dish 1000... after they get it up, they inform me that I cannot get my localls unless I have them install a dish 500 also, which I cannot do, due to the rules in my subdivison. When I first called for the upgrade from my 942, they said "one dish does it all". The installer said that localls will be switched in a "few weeks", so I said ok.. just finish installing it. He fired up the 622, so far so good, it downloaded for five minutes, then shut off. On reboot, it froze on channel 100, with the aquring signall in front of the picutre. Hard reboot, channel 100 playing in backround, aquiring dish signal (0 of 5) stuck in front, no response from remotes. After the installer spent 2hrs on the phone with tech support, they finnaly decide what I could of told them in two minutes!!! I got a bad reciever. SOOOO they installer hooks my 942 back up and leaves. Dish says they will send one out right away. After reading some more on this site, I decided to call them to find out when localls will be moved to 110 from 121... the guy (which I might add, I could hardly understand), tells me that I "may or may not get localls" HUH!!! So I said that they either come and put my superdish back up, or give me distant networks untill localls are available.. they said no... After 1hr on the phone with this guy, I finally said I would like to cancel my contract, so I get transfered to another person, who tells me that locals will be on 110 next week, so I asked him if I could have that in writing, he puts me on hold, and after ten minutes he gets back on, and tells me that he was wrong... my locals may be up to six months or more before they go on 110. So I asked again if I could PLEASE cancel my contract. Long story short.. I spent 2.5 hrs on the phone, but finnally got it cancelled. I have cable coming on Tuesday (every channel, HBO;s, Showtime's, Cinemax, TMC, 8 HD channels ect......) Two dual tuner HD DVR's, one year contract for $59.99 per month, plus I save $10.00 off my Cable DSL per month now!!!. I have had dish for 4 years, and have spent alot of money with them upgrading recievers (522, 942, 622), ect... and they treated me like my buisness didn't matter. Two years ago, everyone I knew was switching to Dish, now half of them are back to cable, and more waiting for their contract to end to switch. They need to get people that speak ENGLISH and will take care of their customers.

Sorry for the rant, I still pissed about it.

They are changing all 121 and 105 to the 110 very shortly, depending on your market, mine switches May 5th

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts