Dish Network = Stupidity

Greg Mueller

Munich Oktoberfest
Original poster
Mar 3, 2006
Datil, NM
I have never seen such a bunch of idiots all collected into one company. From the bottom right on up to the top these guys don't know what they are doing.

I had an appointment for today. The installer was to bring my 622. He came and asked where the 622 was. I told him that I was told that he would have it. He called to his office and I heard the girl say that "this was the fourth time today".
Is this an evil joke they like to play? What's the matter with this company.

I'm ready to pull the plug on these morons, If there was a way out of this contract, I'd dump them in a heartbeat.

They said the next appointment they have is May 17 F**k Them!

They should do your install with a 211, and have it all prepped for when the 622 arrives so you can swap out the receivers and activate the 622.

Call your local cable company. They may have an offer to "buy out" your dish contract. (Usually in programming credits spread out over a year or so.)

I have had 3 intall/upgrades since I joined DISH. Since the initial installation they have always sent the receiver. I'm amazed that they told you the tech would bring it......unless you have a separate deal with a local installer. If you can, hang in there. It's worth it for the HD.

psumattDE said:
Have you read the 100+ posts on here where the 622 is sent to you directly?

I've read a hundred posts of E* customers calling and getting no straight answer about where their package is, only to find that it showed up on their door. I've also read a number of reports where it came with the installer.

As it stands, the rule seems to be that if you are an existing customer the box comes to you. If you are a new customer, the installer brings the box.

Dish has some serious problems with organization. Regardless, they should at least be able to coordinate the installation with equipment arrival, don't you think??

When I did my upgrade on the first, the person who handled my order sent me the tracking number on Monday, received the receiver on Wednesday (2 day air), activated that night, and up and running since. Took longer to get the return label (week and a half).

Greg Mueller said:
I have never seen such a bunch of idiots all collected into one company. From the bottom right on up to the top these guys don't know what they are doing.

I had an appointment for today. The installer was to bring my 622. He came and asked where the 622 was. I told him that I was told that he would have it. He called to his office and I heard the girl say that "this was the fourth time today".

I'm ready to pull the plug on these morons, If there was a way out of this contract, I'd dump them in a heartbeat.

Since you are near me and use the Marsyville Dish installation office I am not suprised at all! They are idiots! The unit manager is a total dipsh*it!

email CEO@dishnetwork.com and either David Laslo or Natelite Winters will overnight box to you (yes they ONLY send them to you here not carry any) then have you installed this week.

Did you get dish van or the indy guy with the black blazer?

Have you read the 100+ posts on here where the 622 is sent to you directly?

Yes I have
2 things happened.
1) In a conversation earlier in the week an English speaking tech told me it would be brought by the installer.
2) Yesterday I got an automated telephone call confirming the appointment for today.

And what would your explanation be for the 3 other cases (that I know of just today) that the same thing happened to them? They probably are not on this forum to read the "100+ posts"

Greg Mueller said:

Ha ha...Hey Greg, if you decide to go ahead and dump them, give me an e-mail and I will hop on the Edmonds-Kingston ferry and see if I can talk to you about getting your 1.2 meter dish setup from you to replace my designated 129 Dish 500!!!

Why don't you throw a tool box in your pickup and go for a "prospecting" ride in the country. I bet you could find one a day. Head up hwy 9 out to Granite Falls. I bet you can get one.
All you really need is a Phillips screw driver, a 10mm socket and a 13mm socket.
Take off the lnb cover with the Phillips and unscrew the "F" connectors.
Take off the LNB with the 10mm socket. Take the mount loose with the 13mm socket. Put it in the back of the pickup. Go home.

It's a nice way for the wife and I to go for a ride, and quite like finding Easter Eggs

webbydude said:
I wonder if the May 17th date is due to the fact it will probably take that long to get the 622 shipped to you. Sounds like the root of your problem was the person who took your order.

The may 17th date is PROBABLY due to DNS being booked and trying to keep most of the work in house. That is what they are doing here. Maybe he could request a contractor. Or find a local retailer. Must of us are sitting around, as far as dish is concerned.

This morning (after sleeping on it) I decided to cancel the 622. I called "Cancellations" and told "Lou" that since it has not been shipped (according to the supervisor I talked to yesterday) that I just didn't want to mess with the 622 any more and furthermore I'd like to see if I could negotiate my way out of the whole relation to Dish (cancel service). She looked and said it had been shipped and that UPS has it and the only way is to refuse delivery. (Like I'm going to sit and wait for UPS everyday). I'm stuck with service from these morons for 17 more months. If the 622 comes I told them I'd install it myself as so far I have known vastly more about the whole system than any installer that has been out. She gave a month's free service and did the obligatory apology. So I guess I'm stuck unless I want to wait on the front porch everyday for something that may or may not be coming.

By the way they now say that it is a 4 week waiting period between ordering and receiving the 622s.

Greg, I predict that you will keep a watch out for UPS, then when it comes you will set it up and on the 3rd or 4th call to Dish tech you will get it activated and be happy everafter.. By the way I searched Ebay for a long time and never found that "I" adapter, so ordered it from Dish Store along with some F connectors.

Dont worry Dan, UPS does not require signiture. They will just put it at your door. No need to wait for them. Also it only is 2 shipping days. So if shipped Friday it will be at your home Mon or Tuesday!

When you receive it, hook it up. Call up Dish and act stupid. Say the tech came by and left due to an emergency. Stay on the phone until they activate it, if they don't then ask to talk to the cancellation department.

I was kind of in the same situation, I too asked what it would take to cancel my contract..... came up to $170.... Small price to pay to get rid of those morons. They came to install my 622, dish 1000... after they get it up, they inform me that I cannot get my localls unless I have them install a dish 500 also, which I cannot do, due to the rules in my subdivison. When I first called for the upgrade from my 942, they said "one dish does it all". The installer said that localls will be switched in a "few weeks", so I said ok.. just finish installing it. He fired up the 622, so far so good, it downloaded for five minutes, then shut off. On reboot, it froze on channel 100, with the aquring signall in front of the picutre. Hard reboot, channel 100 playing in backround, aquiring dish signal (0 of 5) stuck in front, no response from remotes. After the installer spent 2hrs on the phone with tech support, they finnaly decide what I could of told them in two minutes!!! I got a bad reciever. SOOOO they installer hooks my 942 back up and leaves. Dish says they will send one out right away. After reading some more on this site, I decided to call them to find out when localls will be moved to 110 from 121... the guy (which I might add, I could hardly understand), tells me that I "may or may not get localls" HUH!!! So I said that they either come and put my superdish back up, or give me distant networks untill localls are available.. they said no... After 1hr on the phone with this guy, I finally said I would like to cancel my contract, so I get transfered to another person, who tells me that locals will be on 110 next week, so I asked him if I could have that in writing, he puts me on hold, and after ten minutes he gets back on, and tells me that he was wrong... my locals may be up to six months or more before they go on 110. So I asked again if I could PLEASE cancel my contract. Long story short.. I spent 2.5 hrs on the phone, but finnally got it cancelled. I have cable coming on Tuesday (every channel, HBO;s, Showtime's, Cinemax, TMC, 8 HD channels ect......) Two dual tuner HD DVR's, one year contract for $59.99 per month, plus I save $10.00 off my Cable DSL per month now!!!. I have had dish for 4 years, and have spent alot of money with them upgrading recievers (522, 942, 622), ect... and they treated me like my buisness didn't matter. Two years ago, everyone I knew was switching to Dish, now half of them are back to cable, and more waiting for their contract to end to switch. They need to get people that speak ENGLISH and will take care of their customers.

Sorry for the rant, I still pissed about it.

Hakus said:
... after they get it up, they inform me that I cannot get my localls unless I have them install a dish 500 also, which I cannot do, due to the rules in my subdivison.
The FCC rules, which override your subdivision rules, state you can put up as MANY dishes as needed to receiver your programing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts