Dish Network support group?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Navychop, you are somewhat correct. I am here to bash on Dish a bit and vent. I do not deny that. It ticks me off that they hose a particular demographic. That is all. In 17 months I'll be out of here and you wont need to hear it from me.

what, telling the truth and not going on this little "I hate DIsh" rampage? You have 30 days to back out when you signed up ya know :)

they offer HD in the basic? nope
Comcast is in my area (bought out Time Warner). Guess what they did? Pulled Vs from the expanded basic and put it in a digital sports pack. And they just pulled ESPN Classic from expanded to digital yesterday.
If I could back out I would.

Comcast offers HD (all locals incl + our RSN) 42.00 / mo.

However, we ALL KNOW the SD stinks

Comcast offers HD (all locals incl + our RSN) 42.00 / mo.

Each area is different. As an example, in MN
Its $65 for the basic digital + HD and throw in $7 for the decoder (need one for each TV or you just get analog)

If that was such a good deal, can I ask why didn't you take that deal?

edit: I just checked and the networks in HD is free...its 6.95 for their "HD variety pack"
edit 2: Its 8.25 per box, and thats not even a DVR.

But its so much fun to get off topic! :D

Seriously... dishnetwork.com has worked well for me over the years.
I have used directv.com for 5 years and it has always been fast and easy. dishnetwork.com is a pig. Speaking of Pigs, I have seen like 6 threads here in the last 2 days about dish taking over as the pig. I also noticed there are only like 5 people fighting what I am saying, must be close to home!

Each area is different. As an example, in MN
Its $65 for the basic digital + HD and throw in $7 for the decoder (need one for each TV or you just get analog)

If that was such a good deal, can I ask why didn't you take that deal?

edit: I just checked and the networks in HD is free...its 6.95 for their "HD variety pack"
edit 2: Its 8.25 per box, and thats not even a DVR.
I didn't tak ehte deal because there is no hope for additional HD and the SD is beyond terrible

Also, I'm trying to figure out in your 1st post you mentioned "superior HD quality" but said there was a HD enabling fee. There is only a HD enabling fee if you didn't take the HD package.

More HD today, no other reason.

OK...so you got Dish for HD. So there should not be any "HD enabling fee" that you mentioned.

I haven't had a 622 (I use an older 811 that can only get OTA HD) but I heard the 622 is a pretty decent unit

NHL CI is the same on both Dish & Directv so that's a wash. Unless you are talking about HD. NFL ST is only on DirecTV.

There is and there are, look I jet went platinum at the rate of 110/mo, I could NOT do it online. Also Silver level HD was required for Altitude, that is complete CRAP and worse yet Gold level was required to get VS.

Heck once I am at 80/mo I may as well get it all, basic cost benefit. But it is junk!

like I said, RSNs and Vs are in the BASIC package for all other providers.

The 622 is OK, but simply that, plain ole OK. Yes it works but as I just saw it made me quit watching the Avalance to record L&O because of this who TV1, TV2 crap. The DVR is too dumb to know I am WATCHING TV2 and it should record on TV1.

WTF is that?

Oh yeah, Dish stinking up the place YET AGAIN!!!!

TAlso Silver level HD was required for Altitude, that is complete CRAP and worse yet Gold level was required to get VS.
basic Dish package is 29.99 (I'll not include DishFamily)
basic DirecTV package is 44.99

so Dish includes the RSN in the middle package.

basic Dish package is 29.99 (I'll not include DishFamily)
basic DirecTV package is 44.99

so Dish includes the RSN in the middle package.
That package conains neither ALtitude or Vs. D* has it in thier 32.99 pkg.

SInce you obviously want to argue. I was TC+ with DirecTV, and for 44.99 I could get the programming I want. On the other hand, Charlie's blood sucking clan wants me to spend 89.99 for the same SD programming. It is BS, and you know it. Reserch or not, Comcast has if for half here.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)