Dish Network Telemarketing

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

red hazard

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Oct 13, 2003
St Louis Metro East (Illinois)
I got a call from an E* telemarketer yesterday afternoon and had a brief conversation where I was asked about how I liked the features of my HD 811. I hung up after telling her I didn't care for all the problems that they 811 had/has. Since I have the AEP, I guess they wanted to sell me the HD package which has insufficient programming for the price IMO.

I feel that E* should not call customers that are on the National Do Not Call List. Those customers obviously do not want to be disturbed and their privacy infringed. While I realize companies that one does business with are exempted, it just adds another reason for dumping E* along with their greater than inflation 4% increase last year on the AEP and now a greater than inflation 6%+ estimated price increase this year. Since I have a Samsung SIR T351 digital OTA STB, it won't be a big deal selling the 811 on Ebay and getting my $149 back. BTW, I purchased the SIR T351 because the 811 OTA tuner cannot pull in the weaker stations nor is it as resistant to multipath. Let's see what DirecTV has to offer new customers.

Simply call E* and tell them to put you on their no call list. I did over a year ago and haven't been bothered since.

NightRyder

They also called my wife a few weeks back. I found a sticky note on my desk which my wife had written "$549 for 921 HD DVR". When i found the sticky note, I ran to her to make sure she wasn't thinking of "Surprising" me with it for Xmas. I kept telling her "I am serious...i don't want it". She told me the guy from E* was really pushy and annoying. They must have these 921s stacked up like cord wood.

After someone posted the number from their Caller ID from the 921 sales pitch, I started watching my cell phone. I dont have a landline anymore, and basically only answer the cell phone if I recognize the number and let VM handle the rest. The same day I saw it posted on here, I got a call from that number. Since I knew what it was, I didnt bother. The next day that number called me twice, so I just decided to see just how many times Dish would call without leaving any sort of message. The next day they tried probably three times...the third day 2 times...the fourth day they tried 3 or 4 times...then a couple days without a call...then they went nuts and tried like 6 times in one day. That was a week ago and none since.

I just kept thinking that they must have 921's up to their eyeballs! :haha

i got a call one day with them trying to sell me a movie package. they would not tell me which one. alll they would say is what type of movies do i like to watch. i told them hd. they dumb ass told me that was not one of the answers and asked me if i liked action, drama, comedy, etc. i told them again, i like hd. she told me again that ws not an answer. the third time i told her hd, she simply said, thank you for your time and hung up.

you got to play with these people.

Since you have a "Business Relationship" with Dish, they can call you. If you call them and ask to be put on Dish's list they are prevented by law from future telemarketing.

Do this with most of your providers like phone, cell phone etc.

I buy internet from my cable company only and they were call all the time get me back as a cable customer. Once I told themto stop the only way they they can get to me is through direct mailing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts