Dish Network Time Off?

tanman4u

Original poster
Aug 20, 2005
Is Dish's time off or do I need to adjust something on my DVR510? Most network shows start a minute or two late.
Thanks

No, DISH's time is correct it's the networks that are starting their shows at "odd" times.

Networks HATE DVR technology, 'they're stealing our profits' or some nonsense, and they're worried about people having digital copies of their shows and being able to send them on the internet, so they intentionally mess up the times so you've got to spend 1h and 2 minutes to see a 1h long show...

They're trying to punish people for not being ignorant about technology and it sucks. Probably why I rarely watch network tv beyond the local news...and price is right, god those girls get hotter and hotter, bob barker is a god...

n0qcu said:
No, DISH's time is correct it's the networks that are starting their shows at "odd" times.
Dish's clock is correct but the start time shown in the EPG may not be. The networks do announce these odd times - I've seen them in the newspaper listings and on a DTV tuner with PSIP. I don't know if the problem lies with the company Dish gets listings from or with Dish rounding all times to the nearest 5 minutes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts