Dish Network~ To Use 61.5 for?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Spike

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 11, 2005
Suburbs of Milwaukee
Now that the sale of the 61.5 satellite has been approved, what can we expect to happen? There is a lot of space just sitting there. What scenarios are viable & possible?

I'd like to see some more HD... Soon?

In their FCC filing they said that they hadn't decided and that they were either going to use it for additional HD channels for all, HD LIL, or use the capacity to help them deal with the nixing of their two dish solution (ie. shift all of the locals to 61.5 instead of just the "secondary" ones that aren't viewed as often)

If they are wanting to do away with the superdish,why not use the 61.5 bird for east coast locals. I know in my area (East Tennessee) the 129 bird would be hard to hit with an elevation of 26. Not sure what the plans are for HD ,but if there is alot room on 61.5.

Ha you think 129 at 29 degrees el. is hard to hit. try coming up to oregon or wshington where 61.5 is at like 10-11 degrees el. that and the monster trees we are know for up here. lots of fun let me tell you.

cross-country sighting

ITK said:
..Try coming up to oregon or washington where 61.5 is at like 10-11 degrees el.
that and the monster trees we are know for up here.
lots of fun let me tell you.
Well, on that note, I should quit bitchin' about 19 degrees el to 61, and give it a try!
...but 129 is so much closer... ;)

goaliebob99 said:
HD LIL, UMmm More int??? Umm.... One dish solutions.... Umm.. Network HD..... I agree with you I thought we would have atleast see somthing liteup by now.....

Yup. Me too. Color me disappointed. :(

--Doug

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts