Dish network vs direct tv

concop100

Original poster
Sep 30, 2008
my daughter and her husband recently moved into a house that has a direct tv dish. i have an extra dish network receiver and was wondering if this receiver will work with the direct tv dish, or will i have to purchase compatiable lnb?

If you own the receiver than you could put up another E* dish and they can activate the receiver at there house. If you lease the receiver and put a dish up at there house than that is account stacking and is prohibited by E* rules

I want to say "it depends".

If it's an older receiver that uses a legacy LNB, and the DirectTV dish is using an older LNB AND your relatives only want programming from 119° (most of AT100 and 200), then yes it will work.

However, Dish Network dishes and LNBs to get both 110° and 119° for complete packages and more options is rather inexpensive and then there will be no doubt that it's compatible.

See ya
Tony

even if he owns the reciever, it can go to their house for programming. they will have to sign up for their own account with their own bill, and then transfer ownership of his receiver to their account. best option, take advantage of a new customer promotion with dish. call dish or claude. theres lotsa people who would be happy to set them up.

Yeah.... you're not saving any money by using an existing Direct TV dish.... installation is free.... and you have to pay for programming either way....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)