Dish Network Wally

Ok just to make sure before I buy a Walley,I can have this on my account with a Hopper3? If so I will get the same channels on my Walley that the Hopper has? So
the only account change would be the $7.00 a month foe Wally?

Reactions: pattykay
Ok just to make sure before I buy a Walley,I can have this on my account with a Hopper3? If so I will get the same channels on my Walley that the Hopper has? So
the only account change would be the $7.00 a month foe Wally?

Yes and yes. You can have up to 2 purchased Wally's or 211's on a Hopper account, they'll get the same channels and they're $7 a month each.

Another quick question about,The 'Dish Outdoors' section of MyDish.com now has a selection to 'Wake Up Receivers' which easily sends a re-authorization hit. Would this work for a 211 too? Not sure if the 211 or wally is best for me,need no DVR service just some tv in camper at times if raining. Wonder if any receiver can be woke up from Dish.com

Reactions: pattykay
Another quick question about,The 'Dish Outdoors' section of MyDish.com now has a selection to 'Wake Up Receivers' which easily sends a re-authorization hit. Would this work for a 211 too? Not sure if the 211 or wally is best for me,need no DVR service just some tv in camper at times if raining. Wonder if any receiver can be woke up from Dish.com

The "Wake Up" signal is sent to all receivers listed in the "My Equipment" section of your MyDish account.

It sends a hit to all the receivers on the account.

I don't think they really want you to. When I switched my first 211 to a Wally the CSR had difficulties activating it, when I did the second it went quick & easy.

Been reading up on this and I found this:

Has the Wally's fireware been upgraded yet so it can work on 1 or two Sats? I have read there was an issue.
Answer: I use the Wally as my 2nd receiver on a Wingard C2 Pathway. The Wally can only work on 1 satellite. When I change the channel in the main satellite the Wally has to do a whole reset which can take 10 minute. You miss the show your watching. Dish tells me that is how it works on a single LMB satellite.

So if I have this connect to a portable dish with a DPP will I get all my channels on 110 & 119 like at home?

Been reading up on this and I found this:

Has the Wally's fireware been upgraded yet so it can work on 1 or two Sats? I have read there was an issue.
Answer: I use the Wally as my 2nd receiver on a Wingard C2 Pathway. The Wally can only work on 1 satellite. When I change the channel in the main satellite the Wally has to do a whole reset which can take 10 minute. You miss the show your watching. Dish tells me that is how it works on a single LMB satellite.

So if I have this connect to a portable dish with a DPP will I get all my channels on 110 & 119 like at home?

How hard did you have to search to find all that unintelligible drivel?

Just something I read on Amazon, when ever I'm not sure about how something works I ask for advice. So I'm guessing the wally will read both satellites, so if hooked to a portable
dish it will change like a normal receiver.

Just something I read on Amazon, when ever I'm not sure about how something works I ask for advice. So I'm guessing the wally will read both satellites, so if hooked to a portable
dish it will change like a normal receiver.
If the Wally sees just one satellite, it can see up to two channels on that satellite. If your equipment, read Winegard, needs to change satellite locations because the channel you want to view is on another satellite then you will lose the channel you were looking at. If you are using a tripod mounted dish that has an LNB that looks at multiple satellites at the same time you don't lose the channel you are looking at.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)