Dish Network Website Wins Award

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
DISH NETWORK WEB SITE WINS STANDARD OF EXCELLENCE AWARD

FROM WEB MARKETING ASSOCIATION

ENGLEWOOD, Colo., Sept. 28, 2005 – EchoStar Communications Corporation’s (NASDAQ: DISH) DISH Network™ satellite TV service today announced that its Web site has won the 2005 Standard of Excellence WebAward from the Web Marketing Association (WMA).

The Web site, www.dishnetwork.com , won for its design, innovation, content, technology, interactivity, copywriting and ease of use, according to WMA.

The WebAwards competition is the Internet's premier Web design event that recognizes individual and team achievements of Web professionals who create and maintain outstanding corporate Web sites. EchoStar competed among 2,100 entries from 33 countries, and was one of four companies to receive the Standard of Excellence honor in the broadcast industry category.

The WebAwards is produced by the Web Marketing Association, founded in 1997 to set a high standard for Internet Web site development. The organization is comprised of volunteer marketing, advertising, public relations and design professionals who share an interest in improving the quality of advertising, marketing and promotion used to attract visitors to corporate Web sites.

About EchoStar

EchoStar Communications Corporation (NASDAQ: DISH) serves more than 11.4 million satellite TV customers through its DISH NetworkÔ, the fastest growing U.S. provider of advanced digital television services in the last five years. DISH Network offers hundreds of video and audio channels, Interactive TV, HDTV, sports and international programming, together with professional installation and 24-hour customer service. Visit EchoStar's DISH Network at www.dishnetwork.com or call 1-800-333-DISH (3474).

After the original release, they have done a few updates here and there and it works a whole lot better now.

I wouldn't call it a 'prize winner', but it isn't that bad either.

Yeah right. I've been unable to add programming via the website for more than a month. (And now I get a successful confirmation message even though the programming wasn't actually added.) The contestant field must have been pretty small for DISH's crappy website to win.

They don't deserve any awards until I can type "dishnetwork.com" (i.e. without the "www) into my browser and get there. Jeez, that's webmaster/DNS 101. :rolleyes:

I can't even log-on right now due to "system difficulties." It doesn't do a lot of good to have award-winning features on the website that you can't access.

CygnusTM said:
They don't deserve any awards until I can type "dishnetwork.com" (i.e. without the "www) into my browser and get there. Jeez, that's webmaster/DNS 101. :rolleyes:

Huh ?? I never type www. and it works fine for me. Firefox on XP, Roadrunner

JPointerWI said:
Huh ?? I never type www. and it works fine for me. Firefox on XP, Roadrunner

I just tried, and it works fine for me too.

The one thing that bugs me about the site is that there is no cursor for the login name and password.

iirc, these 'web awards' are pretty much marketing gimicks created by the so called award company to get companies to pay them $$.
IIRC, this is the same as the "Who's who" series of products where the 'recipient' always have to pay some amount of $$ to get x, (where x can be 'the publication with your name in the list' (leather bound special edition available for 5 easy payments of $99.99, of course) or 'a plaque for the award') :D

(at least that's what my conspiracy theory personality whispers into my ear)

EDIT: Furthering my conspiracy theory...
was one of four companies to receive the Standard of Excellence honor in the broadcast industry category.

4 companies in this category coughed up $$.

The WebAwards is produced by the Web Marketing Association, founded in 1997 to set a high standard for Internet Web site development. The organization is comprised of volunteer marketing, advertising, public relations and design professionals who share an interest in improving the quality of advertising, marketing and promotion used to attract visitors to corporate Web sites.

volunteer professionals... attract visitors to corporate web sites... sounds like a 'non profit' asking for 'a simple donation'.

bhchan has it spot on. Back in the early web days I used to buy myself some of those awards just to prime my resume. Needed something to get by the stupid HR people. Of course the tech managers knew better, and we would share a laugh over it. :)

And of course, that's the ONLY way the E* website could possibly win anything.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts