dish network: what a nightmare!! had no choice went with direct tv.

I have a hard time taking people seriously when they can't even write a coherent paragraph with a capital letter at the beginning of a sentence. It looks like the jibberish I read on a lot of music forums and some blogs. The English language is being butchered by all this im and text messaging. It drives me crazy. Everything is run together and you can barley understand what is being communicated.

You might want to use the spell checker before you criticize someones use of the English language. Last time I checked barley was something you used in brewing.

I have a hard time taking people seriously when they can't even write a coherent paragraph with a capital letter at the beginning of a sentence. It looks like the jibberish I read on a lot of music forums and some blogs. The English language is being butchered by all this im and text messaging. It drives me crazy. Everything is run together and you can barley understand what is being communicated.

I'm with you, DanME. Big difference between a simple typo and and an incredibly awful attempt at writing in english. What's sad is the op likely has a college degree. My mom who teaches medical students is challenged daily by the terrible written english used by students in their submitted reports. Sad, sad, sad.

You might want to use the spell checker before you criticize someones use of the English language. Last time I checked barley was something you used in brewing.

Sorry for the typo, but you got the point. Is that the only intelligence you could add ?

I am amazed how often people write these very long stories and don't state their location.

It seems you have a very real cause for complaint, but as long as you are spending the time to write it, if you give a location, you might find a Forum member who happens to live a few miles away and knows a good retailer or installer (and in some cases, the member IS the installer).

He did.. Belchertown, Ma

And I have trouble taking people seriously who complain about butchering of the English language, yet don't take the time to proofread what they've written.

I do not see any posts in this thread that does not start with a capital letter.

If you get from Dish Network a appointment installation for two weeks , please get a local retailer dealer. Don't waste you time. Same for DirecTV.

Very sad to see this thread degenerate from a legit complaint to a spell checking cage match!

I hope that the OP gets satisfaction. Hopefully those that recommended a local installer have some impact on the customer getting Dish, as I strongly feel that the current HD "vision" from Dish is truely exciting.

To the OP, I switched to Dish network from DirecTV at the beginning of August. Finally got frustrated about how the cost of HD from D* worked out as an existing customer. The TurboHD packages clinched it as it was much less expensive for my monthly fee. I'm actually $10 cheaper than my previous monthly billing when I had my R16 DVR lease and Total Choice package. I'm on TurboHD Gold now + locals + HD DVR lease and I'm pretty satisfied.

Fortunately I had a good install experience. I hope that this gets resolved to your satisfaction because I truely believe that the results will be worth it once it's all up and running.

Contact ceo @ echostar "dot" com and see if maybe they can give you assistance on this matter.

I didn't know that this forum has a bunch of English teachers working here. Who cares if people misspell words, we are here to have fun and to be informed, not critized. Now, as to E* poor scheduling problem, now they wonder why they are not getting and or losing subs each quarter of the year. They need to fine bad contractors and screen better.

If you want to hear some really bad English grammar talk with an Indian Dish CSR.:) With a bit of luck you might even be able to understand them............:rolleyes:

Ed

hey tjis is disch and we no spake the englsh. kep promis nevr rember we re disch

I hope this drives folks crazy

Cultural difficulty because English is your 5th language is not the problem so much as lasy indifference compounded by prideful ignorance.

From Reader's Digest 50 funniest (True) Stories:

36. My friend was flabbergasted. She'd read that in a recent survey, our home state of California was ranked 47 in a list of the nation's smartest states.
"Can you believe that?" she fumed. "We're 47 out of 52!"
--Juan Gonzales

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)