Dish network woes 2023

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Ksboynky

Original poster
Jan 8, 2023
Northern, KY
I sure hope Dish gets their system restored soon. I patiently waited on the phone for close to an hour to get them to add local channels and reactivate the Wally receivers in my RV. Was told that they would eventually get to this. I tried to nail him down on a timeframe, he wouldn't commit. I was just wondering if it was days, weeks or even months?? Anyway, instead of getting action, I got an email days later telling me that once their systems are restored they will process my request. We are going to be staying in a campground while my spouse attends school for the entire month of April and cannot get OTA TV and no/limited Wifi or Cell service. I'm not very happy about it. Hopefully they get something done soon. My RV is the ONLY reason I have Dish service.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I've been looking for an excuse to dump Dish for a while now and this is it. The picture quality on "HD" channels has gotten progressively worse to the point where it's sometimes hard to tell the difference between HD and SD. I've had no HBO or Showtime for almost a month, none of my streaming services tied to Dish are working, and I can't even pay my bill. I'm tired of the excuses. Dish got hacked and they simply didn't have a contingency/emergency response plan in place. I pay waaaay too much per month to be dealing with this crap.

Reactions: BLC1962
I've been looking for an excuse to dump Dish for a while now and this is it. The picture quality on "HD" channels has gotten progressively worse to the point where it's sometimes hard to tell the difference between HD and SD. I've had no HBO or Showtime for almost a month, none of my streaming services tied to Dish are working, and I can't even pay my bill. I'm tired of the excuses. Dish got hacked and they simply didn't have a contingency/emergency response plan in place. I pay waaaay too much per month to be dealing with this crap.
Most of this is absolutely untrue. You have no idea of what you're talking about.
They had safeguards. Hackers aren't stupid. They evolve. The friggin' US Marshalls got hit, FCOL

Last edited:
I've been looking for an excuse to dump Dish for a while now and this is it. I pay waaaay too much per month to be dealing with this crap.
76348E41-F3FF-4D0F-AF25-4D3276304008.jpeg

I sure hope Dish gets their system restored soon. I patiently waited on the phone for close to an hour to get them to add local channels and reactivate the Wally receivers in my RV. Was told that they would eventually get to this. I tried to nail him down on a timeframe, he wouldn't commit. I was just wondering if it was days, weeks or even months?? Anyway, instead of getting action, I got an email days later telling me that once their systems are restored they will process my request. We are going to be staying in a campground while my spouse attends school for the entire month of April and cannot get OTA TV and no/limited Wifi or Cell service. I'm not very happy about it. Hopefully they get something done soon. My RV is the ONLY reason I have Dish service.
Try calling again. They can definitely get your wallys activated. Now as far as the programming changes to add locals I am not sure off. But can definitely activate and send hits. Just have your wallys already on and signal acquired when you call.

I have one hopper and one Joey that was paused when the crash occurred. Have called multiple times since 03/04 and nothing has been re-activated. I also need to change locals back to my home address. I have heard several times that they will send a message to those who can actually do the activation. Should take 24 to 48 hours they say. Well it had been 16 days now and nothing. Additional calls just result in yet another message being sent to nowhere. I believe that they actually do not have the capability to re-activate but their representatives are told to tell us that they can submit a request for such. Last call I made I selected tech support. My call was routed to customer service who can’t make changes. Then my call was supposedly transferred to the department that would do they re-activation but after an hour on hold I just got another cs rep. I tried really hard to press for details on this and he refused to say anything other than the partly line. Then the call suddenly dropped. I understand that dish is suffering from a major event. However they are inmho being intentionally deceptive to customers. If they would just be honest and tell me that they are not currently able to activate instead of sending a message to nowhere. I would have a lot more compassion for their predicament.

Reactions: charlesrshell