dish networks bill increases?

Sigh....
Another a la carte thread? Same flawed arguments against. Same tired analogies for...

Is this trip really necessary? :)

As to AEP going up $20 in 6 years. Let's not forget that there have been quite a few channels added to the package over that time too! If I get the time I will list them.

---EDIT
This list does not count the added PI channels like Arts, KBS World and Pentagon Channel nor several channels which could be called "shopping channels" but aren't like The Water Channel and The Men's Channel. Daystar came went and came back too.

here are the ones I found on a quick search:
Great American Country (5/30/01)
National Geographic Channel (7/12/02)
Fox Sports 2 West (Regional Only) 9/5/02
NBA TV (11/02 for NBA package and 1/2/03 for AEP - freeview through April 03)
Action Max (1/29/03)
5 Star Max (1/29/03)
Univision West (5/28/03)
Telefutura East or West (5/28/03)
Gol TV (6/11/03)
Reality TV (12/10/03 through 10/5/05) (replaced by Fox Reality Channel on 11/16/05)
Sí TV (2/25/04)
Nicktoons (4/14/04)
Sirius Music Channels (60 or so audio channels) (5/18/04)
Horse Racing TV (7/14/04)
TV Guide Channel (9/19/04) - I know we all wanted this one! :)
Altitude Sports Net (9/1/04) (Regional Only)
Central China TV (9/29/04)
Central China TV Spanish & French (9/29/04)
Mun² (Mundos) (10/23/04)
Comcast Sports West (Sacramento) (11/12/04) (Regional Only)
CNN FN ceased operations 12/15/04
Empire Sports (Ceased operations 1/22/05)-replaced by FS Pittsburgh temporarily finally replaced by Sports Net New York (4/6/06) (REGIONAL ONLY)
Comcast Sports Net Chicago (3/30/05)(Regional Only)
International Music Feed (4/15/05)
NFL Network (9/2/05)
College Sports TV (9/7/05)
ESPN-U (9/22/05)
Fine Living (1/12/06)
Oxygen (1/16/06)
The Documentary Channel (1/25/06) yeah its a PI channel but I like it. :)
The WB Network East or West (Miami/San Diego station) later replaced with CW Superstations (WPIX or KTLA) Some markets got Miami or San Diego on the WB/CW change-over (most areas with no local WB/CW affiliates) (2/22/06)
---I still do not have a comprehensive list of which markets can get the CW stations.
The Tennis Channel (2/22/06)
Sports Time Ohio (4/3/06) Regional ONLY/Part-Time channel
Sleuth TV (6/9/06)
Reelz Channel (9/28/06)
Current TV (1/30/07)

See ya
Tony

You make it sound like Dish is the first and only pay-tv company to ever raise their rates and charge fees for using equipment and service!?! :rolleyes:

As usual you missed the entire point of the message and basically I am to tired to explain this to someone that is this dense.:rolleyes:

As usual you missed the entire point of the message and basically I am to tired to explain this to someone that is this dense.:rolleyes:

Is it me, or do most of your post just sound like blah blah blah blah. But I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

After reading the last 4 ½ pages of interesting banter, I would like to chime in with my thoughts...but I don’t have any, I do remember when gasoline was $0.29 per gallon tho.

After reading the last 4 ½ pages of interesting banter, I would like to chime in with my thoughts...but I don’t have any, I do remember when gasoline was $0.29 per gallon tho.

I actually remember 24 cents a gallon, during a good price war.:)

My favorite memory at a gas station when I was a kid (about 12 or so) I was helping my sister push her pouder-blue Pinto into a gas station we had just run out of gas. She tells the gas attendant (yes, full service...there was no such thing as self-serve), "Please put in $3. I don't think it will take that much but no more than $3."

Prices go up! :)

See ya
Tony

Ah, for the days when I could run my Yamaha 80 for a week on one 30¢ tank of gas. :) Now it's $2.10. That's a 700% increase over 40 years.

Sigh....
Another a la carte thread? Same flawed arguments against. Same tired analogies for...

Is this trip really necessary? :)

As to AEP going up $20 in 6 years. Let's not forget that there have been quite a few channels added to the package over that time too! If I get the time I will list them."

All of these channels are not worth $20 to me. There is not one that I watch.

I watch 20 channels. I am forced to pay for Americas Top 20 + 220 channels no one watches (Better known as AEP) because there is not an ala carte method of getting the 20 that I watch.....

I was happy with what I had in 1997. I would be more then happy to have that package, those channels and that price + actual inflation.

Face it. If we had a la carte, and you picked your 20 channels, maybe only 16 of them would still be available, the others having gone under for lack of viewers. And you'd pay MORE for the 16. Thinking otherwise is fantasy. Government interference ALWAYS costs.

Face it. If we had a la carte, and you picked your 20 channels, maybe only 16 of them would still be available, the others having gone under for lack of viewers. And you'd pay MORE for the 16. Thinking otherwise is fantasy. Government interference ALWAYS costs.

I think you Dishfan boys are missing the point of this thread.

Dish is saying, "You have all these channels thus it cost x amount."

The majority of non partisans here are saying, "We don't want all these new channels. 99.9% of them are crap. Stop with the rate increases that are beyond inflationary and saying it is because you are giving us more value."

Screw a la carte. How about packages that make sense?

New Install--HD reception problems

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts