Dish networks HDTV in a box?

We had an RCA Colortrack 19" for the bedroom we got in 1990 at Sears. Worked great but in 2003 it started getting a little fuzzy and it only had RF input so we got a new 25" RCA model. I opened up the old set and fixed the focus but the high voltage blew out a day later, either because it was inevitable, or the focus stressed it too much.

(since someone just referenced this thread)

There are some reports that the DVI port on the TV has been coded to only accept E* boxes (time will tell if this is true).

There are many devices starting to come out with DVI/HDMI:
Some new DVD players
JVC's next gen D-VHS (with atsc)
Other OTA tuners

I would guess that upcoming HD DVD will also use HDMI (perhaps the component will still be there, perhaps it'll be down-rezzed, or not at all).

Personally, I'd stay away from this TV if the DVI port is restricted.

(remember that HDMI and DVI are cross compatible with a simple adapter)

Once upon a time RCA made some very good TVs, but they have gone downhill big time ever since they were bought by Thomson :-(

I still have two 15+ year old RCA TVs (20" & 27") that perform flawlessly, but would be extremely hesitant to buy one today.

If you guys keep talking like this I will have to call dish and tell them to come back and take this POS tv .

ROLLTIDE said:
If you guys keep talking like this I will have to call dish and tell them to come back and take this POS tv .

Go ahead, it'll only cost you a nickle. :jump2:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)