Dish Networks starts on the wrong foot with me...

vakero

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 25, 2004
Hola from sunny Puerto Rico!

I got my Dish service installed 8 days ago(cancelled Adelphia basic cable) and for the 1st 6 days everything was running smooth. 2 days ago, the sat feed on my room(3 room setup) went dead. It keeps looking for signal while the other 2 rooms have no problems. The other problem was that my family tells me that yesterday, the signal went off and on constantly, it was slightly raining.

I called my Dish supplier to report this problems and the lady that talked me was of course: RUDE. She told me that the repair for my room will be sent out in 2-5 working days. I was like, wtf? 8 days with you, I already have problems and you gonna make me wait?

Anyways, not the kind of start you want to have with a new service.... :mad:

Rant over :D

Vakero... ¿cuándo no es pascuas en diciembre? ... ;)

Who did the install? I know US Net is using 36" reflectors that are crappy and USED. Skytenna uses 4' reflectors for the same $49.95. I only have rain fade when it rains heavily.

Have you tried switching receivers? It might be a bad cable, a bad switch or a bad receiver...

Good luck!

yellowdragon said:
Vakero... ¿cuándo no es pascuas en diciembre? ... ;)

Who did the install? I know US Net is using 36" reflectors that are crappy and USED. Skytenna uses 4' reflectors for the same $49.95. I only have rain fade when it rains heavily.

Have you tried switching receivers? It might be a bad cable, a bad switch or a bad receiver...

Good luck!

Gracias por contestar! jejeje

US net did the install. I switched the livingroom reciever to my room and it still didnt work.

One strange thing is, that both recievers I tried turned themselves ON in like 10 segs after turning them off. This only happened in my room.

Hmmm... The only thing that comes to mind is a bad switch... Unless someone with more experience has another idea... :(

About the rude customer service... Guess everybody who works there has that same attitude. A friend of mine had his antenna installed by the same company and had a bad job done. The installer was in a hurry, left the wires hanging from the dish. We had to tie them with zip ties. :mad:

F@ckers...

Can I give them back the equipment and use my Dish account with another suppliers equipment?

That I don't know... :confused:

Guess you could demand a professional installation or call dish and tell them you're not happy with the job done by the contractor and want another company to take over... :(

yellowdragon said:
Hmmm... The only thing that comes to mind is a bad switch... Unless someone with more experience has another idea... :(

About the rude customer service... Guess everybody who works there has that same attitude. A friend of mine had his antenna installed by the same company and had a bad job done. The installer was in a hurry, left the wires hanging from the dish. We had to tie them with zip ties. :mad:

i did a switch test on my room's reciever and just like you said, it said no switch found.
:mad: :mad:

F*cking US NET! They should be changing it today or tomorow.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)