Dish never shut off service VIP622 stolen!!!

hobojoe

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 8, 2006
so caif usa
Hello!
When I unexpectedly had to leave the country a couple of years ago, I called dish to shut off service. They said all I have to do is call them back up once I return. Well I am back and found that all my things are gone-stolen and the police will not make a report. Reports I have been told have to be made within 15 days. So I contacted Dish network they never shut off service and want me to pay for there receiver! (I had a VIP and there everything package) Total due some $675.00!!! I have been a very faithful customer for 16+ years mostly with there everything package!!! What should I do??? Dish network will not budge!!!
Thank you! Happy Holidays!

I would suspect that someone called in and turned your service back on after stealing your receiver. Probably someone that knew you were leaving and your stuff would be in storage a long time.

I have been a very faithful customer for 16+ years mostly with there everything package!!!
DISH Network hasn't been around for 16+ years have they? I know EchoStar started about 30 years ago but DISH Network launched in 1996. Did DISH even have the America's everything pack then?

Not quite sure whether or not the service was on or off had anything to do with whether or not you owe them for the receiver. Bottom line is that you are leasing it from them. And whether it was stolen while you were outside cutting the lawn or on a trip around the world, they still want it back, active or not. Traditionally, homeowners or renters insurance would cover such a loss, but if the police are not willing to write up a police report, then you are out of luck with your insurance provider, not Dish.

Sorry about your loss, but I don't see where Dish is wrong in this case.

My two cents.

Brian

I have been with them since they were branded "Echo Star". dish said it was never cut off by me. I totally agree it is on me, but I thought for keeping a customer thats been around as long as I have they would at least do something??? I do think it was someone that I knew and even if I could prove it police would not care! i had no insurance. I am trying to get a old used receiver and get on there new prepaid dish flex TV. but they say they wont even allow that! so I will have a friend do it for me!

I asked about the VIP but I owned most of the equipment so they said " just give a call when you return" I believe they thought I had owned the VIP also i guess??? I in Heine sight should have been more attentive to the issue but my unit was not given much time!

What's up with the police refusing do anything is my question. That's the part that seems fishy to me. They won't even write a report?

Who was watching your stuff for two years? I was in for 20 years and deployed several times, sometimes rather quickly. People are supposed to have contingency plans on file and places/people to take their stuff or on-base storage for your stuff if you are in the barracks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)