Dish new HD / MPEG 4 Bird KU or KA

Aridon

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 29, 2007
I understand direct tv is going to use KA band for their new birds and HD. Is that a Mpeg4 thing or something Direct is doing on their own for some reason?

Is the Dish Mpeg4 bird only KA or will it still be KU? How about the new HD stations comming?

I ask this because I'm shopping in motion sat retailers and they currently only support KU and I don't want to be screwed with an expensive system that won't be able to get the new HD or new stations.

Thank you!

DTV using SW1 and SW2 Ka band DVB-S2 and MPEG-4 video compression for current LiL HD channels. Soon D10 and D11 will replace those sats.

We should wait for future one 18" dish Dish-2 setup to answer.

So far no Ka support (LNBF) for Dish.

Interesting what kind of equipment you wanna buy ?

DTV using SW1 and SW2 Ka band DVB-S2 and MPEG-4 video compression for current LiL HD channels. Soon D10 and D11 will replace those sats.

We should wait for future one 18" dish Dish-2 setup to answer.

So far no Ka support (LNBF) for Dish.

Interesting what kind of equipment you wanna buy ?

There are three players: Kingdome, kvh trac vision and motosat

Kingdome and KVH offer in motion use while Motosat is just an auto dish on the roof. All systems are push a button and it seeks the bird automatically. King and kvh also trac while in motion. Its pretty slick.

Kicker is they only see KU which means if you are a direct sub and want HD you'll be pissed after spending 1.5-5k on a system that can't do that.

If dish puts all their Mpeg 4 on that single bird in KU and / or the HD is spread on different birds like it is now but remains KU it makes my decision for me.

The only way around the situation is if Motosat develops a 5lnb version of their dish which they are bound to do but I'd prefer in motion if I'm going to bend over and purchase and thats not an option with that setup.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts