Dish newbie....dvr questions

D

derralict

Mar 19, 2004
Buffalo,NY
Can you tell me what single mode is? Also, since I just signed up for the Dish Network, could you tell me things I might need to know. The ins and outs you might say, pros and cons. Tips and suggestions. What should I expect as far as service goes, etc. I think customers are far better for information than the company itself! I know that I am asking for a lot of info here, but if you could fill me in on something that maybe you wish someone had told you when you got the dish. Thanks for the help!

I got the Top 120, and the 522 box.

retiredTech

retiredTech

SatelliteGuys Pro
Nov 15, 2003
Missouri
The 522 has two tuners and two seperate outputs, for use on two different tvs or dual mode. Single mode is using the 522 on one tv. I don't know if that option selection in the menu of the 522 is active yet. Perhaps some 522 user can answer that for you.

C

curtvanjr

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Feb 28, 2004
West Michigan
Single mode is not an option now but....a software upgrade is supposed to fix this. This will also make PIP happen I hear. I got my 522 a few weeks ago and have had no problems with it. A lot of people here complain of random reboots and lack of Tivo-like features but I've never had Tivo so I don't know what I'm missing. Name based recording is also coming in the future which will make a lot of people happy. Cons? None yet.