Dish No Showed..Now What?

xBuRn3

Original poster
Nov 26, 2005
Los Angeles, Ca
Hello Everyone,

Last Sunday my 510 started showing a check switch error message. I called tech

support and they couldn't help. So I gave it a few days hoping all would return to

normal.. It didn't I called back Thursday and scheduled an appointment for Sunday

(yesterday)12-5 pm I got No Call No Showed. I called back and was rescheduled for

Thursday..Anyone have any advice for me I'd like to get this problem solved sooner!

Thanks in advance

No easy advice on the no-show. Check all of your connections to/from the dishes/switch/r'cvr. That's probably the first thing the tech will do anyway. Try a soft/hard reboot, if you haven't done so already. Good luck with it. Please report back after the problem is solved...

Thanks guys..It's strange because I have a 301 942 and the 510 is the only one with

the problem. By the way I did check all the connections and reboot it at least one a

day it seems..I gotta wait it out

Have you tried moving the 510 to one of the other receiver locations? You may have a bad cable to the 510 location.

Make sure there's the correct size cable (RG6) from your lnb to your 510. Replace any splice in the line with the proper barrels that pass 3 ghz. Check and or replace and connectors in the system. After all of that unplug reciever and plug back in and run a check switch and see what happens. If that fails then try connecting the 510's cable to a port, on the lnb or switch, that goes to a working reciever. If that fails then it might be your 510 failing.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts