Dish / Noggin Update

I don't watch or care about any of these channels, yet this situation drives me more and more insane as it unfolds. It just shows everything that's wrong with DISH.

It's one thing for DISH to be 16 months behind every other cable system in the country on something...I almost expect that. The delay was surely contractual...after all, GAS was in a different tier as Noggin. It wasn't as simple as replacing it...Viacom probably required The N to be in the lower tier, and DISH probably pushed back.

But once the contacts are settled, that should be it. Every other cable system made this change at midnight on New Years Eve...DISH has to spread the process over a 6-7 week period? It's nuts!

AND, they aren't even doing it in the order you would expect. You'd think that Cheap Charlie would have been anxious to drop Nick GAS- one less channel to pay for. Nope, he puts up an EXTRA channel first, then drops GAS a while later, and then WEEKS later, does the simplest part. Assuming that Viacom does not provide them the split feed, DISH has to make this split every day themselves. Why wouldn't they want to stop doing that ASAP?

There are answers to all these questions, but we'll never know. I suppose that's part of doing business, but when a company acts so erratically and illogically in public with no explanation, it looks REALLY bad.

I'm not ready to leave as a subscriber, but if I was a stockholder, I would have bailed quite a while back. DISH just APPEARS to be run by some kind of random number generator. And if there's a good reason for their actions, they should figure out a way to explain themselves.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)