Dish not transmitting digital locals?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

catnap1972

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 26, 2004
Central Pennsylvania
Central PA market and all three majors flunked the much ballyhooed DTV test. According to WGAL, Dish isn't picking up their digital feed. So what the hell will happen come February?

If they don't correct the situation by then, you will see snow where the Dish locals are currently. Since it was "much ballyhooed" they will probably get it done by then. You hope.

Dish is using the analog signals from our locals as well. The locals say the digital signal is there for Dish to pick up, they just haven't done it yet. I'm in western PA. Can Dish get all these conversions done in time?

Is DiSH allowed to substitute the digital feed for the analog feed without a different contract? (as in what may only be available in HD)
Dish is using Dayton's local NBC's digital sub-channel (the 2-02 channel, 2-01 is "HD") in place of the SD analog channel. No HD (digital) locals are available yet. It's my understanding that Dish will be taking either the HD or SD channel and for markets where HD locals aren't offered yet, will "convert" it to 4:3 resolution and/or 480i format.

Your worried about all of the other locals......lol...Dish still can't get WNEP working in all areas. It makes me feel so great that Dish adversities that my locals are in HD, and yet only one of them is auctually avabile - and even that one chaneel can't be picked up in 90% of the local area. Just great dish....

Dish will likely need to make quite a few changes come February, as even existing HD digital channels for many localities are switching frequencies and even moving which antenna they will broadcast from, often requiring a re-directed antenna.

The complaints from WGAL's staff must've sunk in as Dish is transmitting their digital feed now. Now people are going to start wondering why their picture is either postage stamped or letterboxed (depending on the program). The other Harrisburg/Lancaster locals are still SD for now.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)