Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
DISH Now on Amazon Fire TV
  • DISH Anywhere app to provide 10-foot viewing experience on Amazon Fire TV and Fire TV Stick
  • Delivers 100 percent of live and recorded content, plus thousands of on-demand titles, to any TV with an HDMI input, at home or on the go
  • Available today at no additional cost to new and current DISH customers
ENGLEWOOD, Colo.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- DISH extended its DISH Anywhere app experience to customers' big screen televisions through Amazon Fire TV products. This marks the first time customers can use a media player to seamlessly access DISH Anywhere on any TV with an HDMI input, either at home or on the go.

This Smart News Release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20170522005749/en/

PR_20523_DANY_FireTV_Update_051517_V1.jpg

DISH extended its DISH Anywhere app experience to customers' big screen televisions through Amazon Fire TV products. (Photo: Business Wire)

DISH Anywhere gives Hopper customers the ability to watch 100 percent of their live and recorded content, plus thousands of on-demand titles, from any location on Internet-connected mobile devices, including smart phones, tablets and computers, and now televisions.

"While DISH Anywhere has historically been embraced on mobile devices, users are now getting even more of what they want - their DISH subscription on any TV at no extra cost," said Niraj Desai, DISH vice president of product management. "DISH Anywhere on Fire TV is an excellent value that further brings choice and flexibility to our customers' television experience."

Amazon Fire TV and Fire TV Stick are the first media players to offer DISH Anywhere. DISH customers with an Internet-connected Hopper 3, Hopper 2 or a first-generation Hopper connected to a Sling Adapter have access to live, recorded and on-demand content on DISH Anywhere. Customers with VIP receivers may use DISH Anywhere to watch on-demand titles.

I can already see issues arise with 100% of their live and recorded content. Cannot watch the Sirius channels, nor sports PPVs and some content from premiums.

Put it on my FireTV yesterday. App is fast on my local network but will have to wait and see how it works up at the lake. Navigation is really simplified because of the lack of buttons on the firetv remote. I didn't see anywhere to select your "favorite" list and it seems to be listing all channels. There looks to be only five numbers that are available so I guess you just punch in something close to where you want to go in the guide.
But in the end I'm very happy they released it- thanks Dish!

this will save me from buying another joey that I was about to do today. Infrequently used TV with no surround. Fire Stick here i come.

You get to the other numbers with a click on the Hamburger [Menu], but for me the numbers must be hit fast, or if I try to delete a number it will go to the number that is showing.
Dan

I installed the app on my 2nd Generation Fire Stick, but the quality looks like it is still "going out over the Internet" even though my Fire Stick and Hopper are on the same network. Is that accurate? I was so hoping it would stay on my home network since I only have a 768k upload connection.

I installed the app on my 2nd Generation Fire Stick, but the quality looks like it is still "going out over the Internet" even though my Fire Stick and Hopper are on the same network. Is that accurate? I was so hoping it would stay on my home network since I only have a 768k upload connection.

I went into Settings and set the quality level to High (from Automatic), and this seemed to help a lot.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
Looks like I might be moving to a couple of fire sticks to replace two Joeys that are costing me $14.00 a month.
Great, it you don't mind the inherent clunky control and "stalls" of Dish anywhere vs a Joey. Not a one for one replacement, by any means.

Of course Dishanywhere only works in a very limited way with a VIP receiver but I wanted to try it. It installed on my 1st generation stick with no problem and streams the shows that are available very well. I can see it replacing a Joey in some circumstances for some people. I save money in a similar way, in our bedroom in Florida. I use the Firestick with the Slingbox app, somewhat clunky but it gets used mainly late night and often one channel gets put on and it stays there anyway in that use or my wife goes there to catch up on soap operas.

Great, it you don't mind the inherent clunky control and "stalls" of Dish anywhere vs a Joey. Not a one for one replacement, by any means.
I use dish anywhere at work all day to watch tv while at work for live and for recorded shows Transfered to my I pad. For the computer room at home , I could easily use it for when I'm on the computer ,on the tv I now have a Joey. My 16 year old son rarely uses his Joey and loves apps on his phone. He could easily use the fire stick for the few CW shows he watches a week. Would save me an easy $14.00 a month.

Reactions: Gobucks
I'm just replacing a Joey in 3rd bedroom that guests stay in, maybe 4 times a year. The fact it brings Amazon prime, Netflix, Dish anywhere and DVR recordings to that room is a great $40 investment!

You can stream on it and still watch other hopper and other Joey, right?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)