Dish Offering Internet?

imthepcguy

Original poster
Sep 25, 2006
I just had Dish installed and the installers were telling me that Dish will be offering Internet in Late Oct. this year, any news on this?

:rolleyes:

DISH Network will distribute WildBlue’s high-speed Internet service. The service provides high-speed Internet access via satellite, at speeds of up to 1.5 megabits per second (Mbps).
At this time, customers will need both a DISH satellite dish and a WildBlue satellite dish to receive both services. We may make a one dish solution available in the future.
this is also in addition to the dsl offers dish already has

If we already have Wildblue, can we get it bundled with Dish for a discount? What will Dish charge for Wildblue?

Any information on bundle discounting will be announced at the same time we announce our prices.
Yes. DISH Network will send a single bill for both DISH High-Speed Internet powered by WildBlue and DISH Network programming.

WB protected areas

Will the areas where NRTC's or other groups are selling WB now be protected areas.
What I'm trying to ask is, will Dish be able to sell in all areas of U.S.

Gern

gernskin said:
Will the areas where NRTC's or other groups are selling WB now be protected areas.
What I'm trying to ask is, will Dish be able to sell in all areas of U.S.

Gern

That's what I'd like to know. We have two installers already in our area but are waiting until late October or mid-November to get WB installed, after the Dish partnership is announced. It would be convenient to have it all on one bill, and possibly a discounted rate.

pilkingtonm01 said:
DISH Network will distribute WildBlue’s high-speed Internet service. The service provides high-speed Internet access via satellite, at speeds of up to 1.5 megabits per second (Mbps).
At this time, customers will need both a DISH satellite dish and a WildBlue satellite dish to receive both services. We may make a one dish solution available in the future.
this is also in addition to the dsl offers dish already has

Last I knew Echostar had formed an alliance with Wildblue, I myself have not seen anything official that they will be installing them.

Is there anything official that has been released on this? I am quite curious.

Thanks.

rcdallas said:
Last I knew Echostar had formed an alliance with Wildblue, I myself have not seen anything official that they will be installing them.

Is there anything official that has been released on this? I am quite curious.

Thanks.

Look up the last Charlie Chat re-cap. I believe it was announced by Jim and Charlie at the time.

Last Thursday DISH launched the new GetConnected portal for retailers to offer DSL. Has anybody else tried using this? Any luck? It seems to me like everything else when they first launch it- crap. I have typed in addresses that I KNOW have DSL available and it tells me there are no services available at that address. I was just wondering if anybody else has had a better experience?

Thanks
-Adam

I live in an area that does not have Cable services or DSL.

This month, Verizon announced the availability of DSL... but now tells me that I'm too far from the central office to receive DSL services. UUGGhhh.

I've looked into Satellite Internet before, but the $$ was far too outrageous.

I'm REALLY interested in what DISH will release for pricing and service options. Does anyone know if this is a definite, and when they will formerly announce availability?

Thanks!

Last edited:
My SWAG is they'll want $60 for the service. And considering the INHD dry run, ain't nothing definite until after it's installed and working.

According to everything I am seeing from Dish the Wildblue pricing is going to be exactly the same as the Current Wildblue prices are now. Wildblue is not new. Just it's association with Dish. Installation and monthly fees should not change. It is possible that they will give some kind of discout for having both TV and Internet packaged together, But I haven't seen that on any of my blast that I get from Dish. Wildblue is a good service but it isn't cheap.

nh_dish said:
I'm REALLY interested in what DISH will release for pricing and service options. Does anyone know if this is a definite, and when they will formerly announce availability?

Thanks!

The last blast I got from Dish Said Oct 9th for the kick-off Date. But I have been around the block with Dish a few time enough to know that Dates can come and go and things get changed..

Wildblue Dish

skyviewmark said:
The last blast I got from Dish Said Oct 9th for the kick-off Date.
I am told it is merely a distribution arrangement, and bills will have to be paid to each company...Wildblue and Dish. I believe Dish had the same sort of arrangement with Starband sometime ago. Until both services work on one dish, nothing to get too excited about.

Where is the Wildblue sat? Might not be possible to put them on one dish. Probably be a pretty big dish anyway, like superdish?

i had starband via DISH for 4 years until we got dsl here in Feb 06
its better than dialup by far but setup is $$

starband got to throttling speeds if you downloaded too much but it was a low allowed b/w when ileft. like 700 meg a week and i can do that in 30 mins on dsl

be sure to see what the cap is on blue before considering
watching tv replays like innertube is not doable when you have a low capacity of bandwidth
these days if you misss a show its there for free but it eats data!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)