Possible to make 121 into 129???

roachxp

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 13, 2005
Massachusetts
Hi I have a Superdish 110,119,121 plus a 61.5 and want to disconnect my 121 and add 129. Can I just add a new LNB on the outside after the 121?

How do I do it?

Thanks

You need to go south and buy a permanent investment called Duct Tape.:D
I did duct tape a DP Dual LNBF to the side of the shroud by 121 and it works pretty good. However, depending on your weather conditions, the tape will get slack about 4-6 weeks requiring re-adjustment.

I really recommend other options, but not knowing why you want 61.5 and 129, it will be hard to tell you which is best.

One option is to wait until the "SuperDish 121 Repoint Kit" comes out which will give you 119, 110, 118.7, and 129, then you can either use 118.7 or not connect it. There is a way to connect 5 satellites if you decide to keep 118.7 and 61.5.

If you are looking for 129 on the largest possible dish, then repeak your SuperDish 121 for satellite 129 using either the 119 or 110 LNBF. Of course you will then need a Dish 500 to get 119 and 110.

Attachments

• SuperDish121--DPP-44--129-LNBF.JPG
    SuperDish121--DPP-44--129-LNBF.JPG
    265.6 KB · Views: 173
Last edited:
Me too. Pentagon plus 2 Korean channels on 61.5, Denver HD Local on 129. So with a SD-121, I can settle for 4 Korean channels on 121; and then I either use my wing dish for 61.5 or 148, unless I use it for 129 instead of taping an extra LNBF to the SD - no room for a 3rd dish.

Your link is to a regular "DP Dual LNBF" which is identical to the LNBF that is on the SuperDish 121 for the 110 satellite, and yes it will work to pick up 129. More than likely the LNBF you are using for 61.5 is also the same.

You must be thinking about trying this. If so, may I suggest that before you go and buy another LNBF, you give it some thought on how you are going to mount it to the SuperDish 121.

I furnished a picture where I duct taped it. I knew I would not be leaving it up permanently with tape, so I did not use as much tape as I could have, but even so, after awhile it will loosen up.

It looks like the pictures on the other link were lost, but I believe it may have had some clamps as well as one or more spacers to obtain maximum signal. It may also have had the shroud removed. I don't know if the shroud helps to keep it hot or cool, but without the shroud, there would be more options to possibly mount a bracket for the additional LNBF. With the Shroud, your options would be to duct tape it, or maybe using some small nuts and bolts to secure it to the shroud after drilling holes in it.

You may also want to consider using an I-bracket to help mount it. http://www.dishstore.net/index.php?cPath=65

A satellite meter, or a TV next to you while looking for 129 will be required.

You may want to experiment by temp using the LNBF & I-Bracket from your 61.5; or even the 110 LNBF. This way, before you buy extra parts, you will see what issues you may have when trying to mount it at the correct angle and distance.

Good luck.

Last edited:
129 in Mass ?

roachxp said:
Hi I have a Superdish 110,119,121 plus a 61.5 and want to disconnect my 121 and add 129.
Can I just add a new LNB on the outside after the 121?
You live in Mass and want to get the 129 bird?
Officially, it doesn't cover that part of the country. (see map)
I'd think getting it at all would require a unique antenna, and not work with a simple "tape the LNB to what I got" approach.
Of course, I don't live/work there, so all I know is what I read...:hatsoff:
...maybe the SuperDish is big enough...?

Last edited: