Dish on Demand issues

BigAl1961

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
I have tried to watch 3 different shows today off the dish on demand (I have a 722K). Each time everything appears like it's downloading but when I try to watch the show all I get is a black screen. I tried to watch while it was downloading, and also waiting for it to finish. I show having a rental but when I try to watch it is 30-45 minutes of a black screen. I tried a hard reset on the unit but that didn't seem to do any good. I tried from 3 different networks and it was the same each time. Anyone else having issues?

I honestly haven't used On Demand since they switched back to the hours long download from the attempt of streaming. But, also check your modem. Weird enough, my old modem from Comcast crashed after I began using Dish On Demand. They came out and switched it. The current one now works great. Best to know, my internet gave out everywhere, not just with downloading Dish.

What is your speed of download at testmy.net? That could be it. And is it just one movie or does it happen on more than one?

The black screen on DOD has been reported before but the Hard reset normally does resolve the issue. If you can please send me your account # or phone# and the events that you had an issue with earlier, I will get this reported for you ASAP. Thank you!

I did get in touch with Mary, it's her feeling that it's a problem with the particular programs I am trying to watch and she has sent in a report. I have found some episodes that do work and others that do not, so it's very hit and miss. The particular shows I have had issues with is Enlightenment on HBO the HD pilot episode, and Top secret recipe on CMT episode 104. Oddly enough episode 105 worked fine, also as I was just testing other shows I was able to get the walking dead to download correctly also.

I had one of those black screen dnld's but it was he particular show. They had to report it too. Think it got fixed but don't remember if I bother with it later on or not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)