Dish on Demand Quality

Rod Williams

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 8, 2007
Huntsville, Alabama
I finally broke down today and connected my 622receiver to the Internet. I am running a direct connect from my router to the receiver(about 30 feet in the attic). My connection seems to be good. My problem is that my first test programs buffer every 30 seconds or so. I have a 10mb download speed. I have virtually no problems with Netflix streaming. I hate to think I went to all this trouble for nothing. any suggestions would be appreciated.

For SD programs I never have any issues. For HD programs I usually let them dl for about 5 mins before starting to watch.

since this is new to me I need to ask a question. when I select a program to watch, it tells me how long it will be before the program will be available. I am assuming this is for download purposes. even if I wait the allotted time before I start playback, the buffering is terrible. I have tried 3 programs now and they were all HD.

i had the same problem with my first download but it got better during the movie. now i have lip sync issues for first 10 minutes. but picture quality is better than regular live hd from dish.

My guess is that your internet connection is not staying at a consistent speed so it is "fooling" the dish receiver into thinking it can handle the buffer when it really can't. DSL?

I have upwards of 30Mbps down, but I've never seen a DishOnline program come down any faster than 1! It usually makes me wait several minutes before I can play it, even for SD programs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts