Dish on Demand

jgags6

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Rockford,IL
I was just wondering when Dish is going to start with their on demand stuff, I keep seeing the stupid comercial for Comcast on demand having Narnia in HD, and it makes me think of how amazing Dish would be if it started the OD stuff.

DaveyBoy26 said:
Thats a good question. I don't think they have divulged a timetable as of yet.
They are doing their "on demand" it just is not very good. And it doesn't currently include any HD. And if you have a 522 there is even less than on a 625 or 622.

At this point in time, Dish considers the programs that they download to your hard drive to be "On Demand" material. Stuff like the Friday Night Lights overview. They apparently intend to put some movies there, probably in SD. Those will require a fee to watch.

I've heard of no plans to offer a large menu of items that you can select for downloading or immediate "on-demand" viewing.

I doubt you will see any real dish on demand anytime soon. Cable and Fios has them beat hands down in that area. The DBS providers really need to stop and think about the future with the churn rates and Fios coming out. I see in the distant future alot of people will go back to the Cable and Fios providers. especially with all of the bundleing of packages. Sat will go back to serve people in areas that can not get other technlogies.

Or maybe Dish and Direct will go to a 5year contract :)

DishDave said:
I doubt you will see any real dish on demand anytime soon. Cable and Fios has them beat hands down in that area. The DBS providers really need to stop and think about the future with the churn rates and Fios coming out. I see in the distant future alot of people will go back to the Cable and Fios providers. especially with all of the bundleing of packages. Sat will go back to serve people in areas that can not get other technlogies.

Or maybe Dish and Direct will go to a 5year contract :)
I believe there is a whole epposide of pinks on my entertiainment section, and somehow I have 11 movies downloaded lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts