Dish on MLB Extra Innings

Mlb.tv has EVERY game regardless of whether it is televised with the exception of games blacked out because of regional restrictions, the late Saturday afternoon games (because of the Fox contract) and the Sunday night games (because of the ESPN contract.)

OK, so mlb.tv has the local phillies feed(s). DirecTV doesn't - correct? Comcast as far as I know doesnt rebroadcast via any DBS service.

Someone at Directv I have heard from says CSN is going to be in the EI package,. they just don't have a fiber link ready yet. Fiber is how MLB.TV gets the feeds.

I went the MLB.tv route and I'm not that impressed. A lot of break ups, stalls and I have DSL at 1.4 mb. I have dish and don't want to switch so I'll have to live with it.

I tried the 5 day trial and canceled. No performance issues just sitting in front of my computer to watch baseball is not my idea of enjoyment.

I tried the 5 day trial and canceled. No performance issues just sitting in front of my computer to watch baseball is not my idea of enjoyment.

laying on my couch and watching the Phillies on my laptop is my idea of watching baseball, I just have it sitting on my table, then I can watch the Brewers game at the same time on my television without flipping back and fourth. Desktop computers are not ideal for mlb.tv.

I got the basic programming just so I could have my EI and nothing else. I am a wait and see guy to whether I would completely switch to Direct. S far I haven't heard too many positive things about Direct's programming or their DVR sets. I would hope by this time next year they will have their act together. In the meantime I will be paying $30 a month to have a reciever set idle after baseball is over.

I too have gone the mlb.tv route. Since the Red Sox evening games start at 4 p.m. Arizona time (Mountain Standard year round) I can catch the start before I get home and then watch the end at home. I have the 622 to record Extra Innings on NESN, so I get the last inning or two of most games, since they run past the three hour blackout. It's not ideal, but it works OK. Also, the short version of the archived games is a pretty good way to go, if you know the results and just want a quick overview.

laying on my couch and watching the Phillies on my laptop is my idea of watching baseball, I just have it sitting on my table, then I can watch the Brewers game at the same time on my television without flipping back and fourth. Desktop computers are not ideal for mlb.tv.
Upgrade to the premium so you can get the mosiac and watch six games at once! Pretty Cool. :D

Upgrade to the premium so you can get the mosiac and watch six games at once! Pretty Cool. :D
I have this, and it would be great *if* it worked. I can watch a single 700K game with the Mosaic feature OK, but I have never gotten the six-in-one to work without constant rebuffering. It even rebuffers at the lowest speed, which frankly is just about unwatchable. This with a 3.0MB DSL line. I've send several emails to mlb.tv Customer (non)Service requesting a refund, no response yet.

I would miss the 700K feeds, but in the end I thnk I'm happy saving over $100 and getting the Gameday Audio only.

Did anyone notice that Thursday's broadcast of the Brewers at Phillies was a Phillies CSN broadcast on DirecTV??

Has there been any formal statements as far as ALL Phillies home games beening CSN feeds? Or was this because there was not a FSN Milwaukee broadcast that day????

I am curious to see if the Jays/Phils game tonight is CSN or Rogers.....

Ive got a spare laptop plugged into my 42 in Sony. the 700K stream looks pretty close to what the Dish EI games looked. It's watchable for me. Haven't played with the mosaic yet.

I should try it just for kicks.

Can anyone confirm that DirecTV will provide CSN feeds for all Phillies home boradcasts? If so, I am switching today!!!!!!

Can anyone confirm that DirecTV will provide CSN feeds for all Phillies home boradcasts? If so, I am switching today!!!!!!

Why don't you go over to the Direct forum and ask. My guess is that no one here really cares what is showing on DirectTV! :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)