Dish online audio Sync and offline fail BRING BACK SLINGPLAYER CLIENT NOW!!!!

kevinsickles

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 10, 2006
As many of us travel this week and look to use the dishonline feature, It amazes me how broken this feature still is. As documented in many other threads, Dishonline still continues to show receiver off line even though I can use the slingplayer app and connect and stream quickly and easily. Dishonline showing offline is a Dish problem It is not a problem with your internet connection or router.

Once the receiver shows online, The Audio sync problems are Horrendous, after 5 to 10 minutes of watching (Usually in HD) the sync is off by 4 to 5 seconds, making it unwatchable. The Slingplayer app works incredibly well. My Strong recommendation.

DISH, STOP BEING IDIOTS WITH YOUR REBUILT PIECE OF CRAP CLIENT AND FAIL OF A WEBSITE AND BRING BACK SLINGPLAYER CLIENT NOW. It has been years and you have proven you have no clue on how to get this to work on your own and the slingplayer client works great.

oh Yeah, Merry Christmas!

Need to not use the HD setting if it can't be supported outside your network (1)

(2) HD varies greatly using the sling, its done via an "on the fly" compression/re-compression/transcoding where content from a static source is compressed and stored, you're just getting the saved stream data. And in those situations, the content providers have had the time to go through and optimize their compression to allow for lower bandwidth use.

Dish is not very big on explaining the caveats to their technology .. only promoting it under best case secarios

:)

Do you mean dish.sling.com? Still works as far as I know.

Dish.sling.com has the same problems as Dishonline. The problem is Dish forcing everything thru a website vs a direct connect client like slingplayer.
To the other posters, I have 5mbps upload. The HD video and audio stream fine. the problem is the crap client that can't sync audio and video.

Its not the web site ... its the webslingplayer ... it isn't allowed to buffer like the stand-alone does .. nor as the webplayer does when used through watch.slingbox..com .. its the same player app when you use watch.slingbox. ... just the controls are different and the buffer is enabled..

as to the "relay" 99.9% of the time it is *not* relayed, it is still a direct connection from where you are, to where your sling is. You want proof .. open the command prompt and look at the IP addresses coming in.. you'll find one of them is the IP address of your home connection.

As the OP mentioned, often when Dish says one of my receivers is off line, I can always use the Slingplayer or app. with no problem.

Agreed on my iPhone or tablet slingplayer works. The problem is there is not a slingplayer client for the pc. Or more correctly the slingplayer client is disabled for 922 and 722 on the pc.

I was not aware of the watch.slingbox.com much better streaming. I have both a 922 and a 722. On the iphone app I can change receivers. Is there a way to change receivers on the web client?

Through Dish Online and Dish Remote Access (web) yes .. through Watch.Slingbox ... not exactly ... Slingbox expects you are working *with* Sling *BOX* devices not the adapter.

There should be a menu option there to bring up the "Directory" ... and let you choose another one if it knows or sees it. The problem is that when you select it, it will realize its not a sling box, and then error.

If you close the window, and go back in, it should auto attempt the last selected Sling device. If not, then log into Dish Online or Dish Remote Access ... select the OTHER receiver.. refresh to see the DVR contents.. and then log out. Do the logout before any timeout condition can occur (DRA would hand you off to the SLING back end ... you would be doing everything you wanted with the SLING back end.. but then when you finally go to log out .. it would transfer you back to Dish Network . com ... and there your account would have been timed out already)

DRA - original site is available via
https://customersupport.dishnetwork.com/customercare/equipment/processSatTimer.do

don't try to highlight and copy ... either right click and Save Link .. or click the link, then when the page takes you to the login screen, *then* create your bookmark. (the vBulletin BBS software running here on SatGuys - and other places - mangles the URL for "space" savings so if you try to highlight and copy, its only going to take the parts that you see with your eyes)

i have been logging in to DOL changing dvr, accessing recordings and logging out, Tried many combinations, Same dvr (722) connects every time on watch.slingbox.com.
If in a jam i might remove the 722 from the slingbox site

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)