Dish Online finally works?

cool80z

PIT MEMBER
Original poster
Jul 23, 2009
So Cal
Dishonline.com finally is working for me at least it had never worked before properly. I tried to watch a movie to test it. it downloaded a plugin to my Firefox, Say it makes viewing better even on lower speed connections "No Buffering".

Dishonline.com finally is working for me at least it had never worked before properly. I tried to watch a movie to test it. it downloaded a plugin to my Firefox, Say it makes viewing better even on lower speed connections "No Buffering".

They gotta get this dishonline.com working for the iphone/ipad. Scratch the dish remote app and combine it with dishonline.com as an app. It'd be great to be able to do everything dishonline.com does but on the iphone/ipad. Probably wouldn't even need the slingbox app or Hulu. Could do it all on the DishOnline app.

I want a cut of the idea Dish (you know it'll come eventually). :)

I installed the app from the Android Marketplace on my Toshiba Thrive running Honeycomb and even though the app out there was written for the Android phone, it work great on the tablet. At home, it worked as good as the PC's on my network so I went to the local Starbucks to test it and it worked as expected. Traveling next month and I'm taking the Thrive instead of my laptop.

Since the updated DOL android app, after about 3 minutes, my Toshiba Thrive loses the connection and asks me if I want to capture the stream from another device? There is no other device connected.

Every other app works fine on the Thrive. I'm guessing the DISH app has a problem. It was fine prior to the last update, Any suggestions? Our internet is Verizon FIOS and there is plenty of bandwdth.

Confirm with a pc (note I said pc) that DO or DRA (web not app) works longer than 3 minutes. If it does .. then its more likely the app ... if by chance it fails on the PC too .. then you may have a problem with your gateway device (router). Anything change on the FIOS side of things recently? (menu changes, speed updates, firmware notes?)

Confirm with a pc (note I said pc) that DO or DRA (web not app) works longer than 3 minutes. If it does .. then its more likely the app ... if by chance it fails on the PC too .. then you may have a problem with your gateway device (router). Anything change on the FIOS side of things recently? (menu changes, speed updates, firmware notes?)

Thank you for your response, TG2. It works fine with 2 windows 7 PC's, an android phone, and IPOD touch. The problem is with the Thrive.

Well .. that should eliminate the adapter and the router .... Ok DISH ... now you guys need to fix things.. and not with a "power cycle" :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)