Dish Online PVR Managing - When?

bfellner

Original poster
Mar 22, 2004
Does anyone know when the remote managment of your PVR is going to be going up? I would really love to see this feature. I've been to Dish Online and haven't seen much or been able to get anywhere.

The whole website is a showcase of bad design, a third grader could do better than that. The program guide is so slow as to be unusable. And that blasted auto-play video advertising on every page load is intolerable.

If this is the best they can do for the front-end, I would expect the back-end function of actually commanding your dvr to do something to be nothing less than a complete disaster.

There was supposed to be a beta, but I've not heard if it ever launched and even if it has given no updates on the progress I would assume there is a NDA that prevents those participating from sharing info.

I agree that the website is something I would have built while in middle school during the 80s.

There was supposed to be a beta, but I've not heard if it ever launched and even if it has given no updates on the progress I would assume there is a NDA that prevents those participating from sharing info.

I agree that the website is something I would have built while in middle school during the 80s.
The beta test was very abruptly ended because there were some issues. There have been no updates from Dish since the beta on when (or if) they will be rolling this out to everyone.

Geoff

beta

I was apart of the beta and honestly I am happy that DISH pulled it. It was soooooo slow to use. It worked but it was slow. When they release it publicly I hope it is 10x better!!!

I use my slingboxes for remote DVR managing more than anything else. I travel a lot but I rarely run my slingbox to watch a show unless it's a sporting event that I am missing.

I haven't seen anything about E* version but I don't know why they wouldn't just basically have it run like the slingbox.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)