Dish Online still showing other market's locals (sorta)

Hall

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Feb 14, 2004
Germantown OH
I just went to Dish Online to set a timer for Rudolph that's on tonight at 8pm.
guide-01.png

This is one of the rare times that I didn't have to login, logout, and log back in in order to clear the other market's locals from showing in the guide alongside my actual locals. I thought, they finally fixed that ! Anyway, look at what I see when I actually select the show to set the timer.
guide-02.png

Past experience has shown to NOT trust it. It does show the recording set for 8pm on the right show but I've seen that before and it ends up recording 2-3 hours later (Mountain time, I think), based on 8pm for KXMC.

Who thinks it will work right ? Will this ever get fixed properly ?

Logout, log back in. Sadly, that's a known issue that Dish isn't too interested in fixing since this is the "resolution" (for 1-2 years now). Well, that's for on the computer. Not sure if that works with the phone app.

View attachment 83096

This is one of the rare times that I didn't have to login, logout, and log back in in order to clear the other market's locals from showing in the guide alongside my actual locals. I thought, they finally fixed that ! Anyway, look at what I see when I actually select the show to set the timer.
View attachment 83097

Past experience has shown to NOT trust it. It does show the recording set for 8pm on the right show but I've seen that before and it ends up recording 2-3 hours later (Mountain time, I think), based on 8pm for KXMC.

Can you please send me a PM with your account information? I would like to escalate this issue. Can you please include your username for dishonline.com?

Last edited:
View attachment 83096

View attachment 83097

I usually hit that refresh icon, that usually updates the grid for me and gets rid of the non-locals, save for the Superstations and AAD channels.

Is your receiver IP connected and is the connection solid and never dropping? The local DMA market displayed in Dish Online is pulled via IP and if you don't have your box connected, there is a possibility of seeing incorrect locals or multiple DMAs.

Is your receiver IP connected and is the connection solid and never dropping? The local DMA market displayed in Dish Online is pulled via IP and if you don't have your box connected, there is a possibility of seeing incorrect locals or multiple DMAs.
If my receiver wasn't connected, I wouldn't be able to access it via Dish Online. Dish knows where I *live* irregardless of whether or not my receiver is online so there's zero excuse for it showing me locals for AZ or NM.

If my receiver wasn't connected, I wouldn't be able to access it via Dish Online. Dish knows where I *live* irregardless of whether or not my receiver is online so there's zero excuse for it showing me locals for AZ or NM.

You can still access the guide when viewing dishonline.com even if the receiver is not connected. We allow customers to set up to 5 timers every 30 minutes for receivers that are not connected, and these commands are sent via satellite.

If you send Zach or myself a PM with the requested information, we would be happy to look into this further.

Ahhh yes, I forgot that ability exists. Nonetheless, it's not the issue, yes?

I've already PM'd Zack, by the way

Ahhh yes, I forgot that ability exists. Nonetheless, it's not the issue, yes?

I've already PM'd Zack, by the way

We'll have the issue looked into further, but normally resetting/connecting broadband connections will alleviate the issue. It's been a bit of a sporadic issue

We'll have the issue looked into further, but normally resetting/connecting broadband connections will alleviate the issue. It's been a bit of a sporadic issue

Even sporadic issues have causes. If my wife browses our channels on her iPhone when we aren't home and tries to record a show and she accidentally sets it to record from a Lincoln, Omaha or wherever the heck local, that show is not going to record. That is a problem. More times than not, those channels will show up for us.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)