DISH Online---x22 version

Peter Parker

Formerly Geronimo
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 9, 2003
I am having problems that prevent me from connecting my 622 to my network. But I have seen in release notes etc that teh DISHOnline feature ishas changed somehow. Are those changes to the interface , content changes, or anything that might affect download speeds, or perhaps a combination?

Just to be clear I am asking about the DVR version of DISHOnline not the similarly named PC based version. Just making that clear as other threads about one or the other seem to get bogged down in questions about the differences between the two.

I never said that it was not eorking. i was just asking what the changes are since I cannot access it.

I should get reliable internet service late next week. I guess i will find out then what changes have occurred.

I should get reliable internet service late next week. I guess i will find out then what changes have occurred.

I looked at it briefly last night when I noticed I had 449 on my 622. The look of the text has changed some, and most notably there is a new section. I can't remember what it was called, but it seemed like it might be a place to contain network shows for download. (possibly free??) When you select the new section, the list just says "Coming soon..." I'll look again tonight when I'm home..

- Paul

I checked last night, and the new Dish Online menu choice on my 622 with software release 449 is "TV Entertainment". When you select this, the list of programs to download is empty with the message "Coming Soon...". I suspect that they may be replacing the old "TV Entertainment" section in the DVR menu (the one where Dish force downloaded free "on demand" content in the middle of the night) with this new Dish Online option to select and download the free content that you may actually be interested in.

At least I hope that's what their plans are.

I have homezone now - so I cant do Dishonline - but thinking of changing of a regular Dish Receiver - if you follow this link Dish Online - it says that you can access Rhapsody online (like Tivo just added) is this true?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts