Dish Online

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

PHXHoward

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 28, 2009
PHX
Well, I loved the old Dish online. In the past I could pick a channel and see one listing for every distinct show that was coming up. It was a great way to browse what was going to be on and then record it. Great for things like Science Channel or movie channels where the standard guide displays lots of repeats.. How else could I see which movies are coming up on HBO without having to move through every showing of the movie. Worked great but now it is gone.

The new Dish Online just does not work. I click on "guide" and it just flashes the word "loading" forever. Can't use it at all. Why change from something that worked well to something that does not work at all and then do nothing to fix it for weeks?

Its not a priority to Dish... or so it seems.

Couple of things

1. always leave feedback for dishonline ... the more we tell them they suck, the more likely they may be to fix it.
  2. most problems with Dish Online like what you describe, seems to be a cached credentials thing. I don't recommend "remember me" options for Dish Online.. making you have to manually log in each time ..

as soon as you get *into* dish online ... choose the option to Log Out ....*Wait* for the logout to finish, then log back in (don't have other browser windows open, or have more than 1 tab for DishOnline ... these other "open" instances could hold open the account.

After logging off ... log back in ...

Check then if you can see your recordings... if you can't then hit the refresh button on the right side of the web's page... wait for the refresh to finish ... try again .. wait for it to finish, try one more time. If after three refresh attempts it still is not working, again log out ... close all browsers, start one instance and try to go in..
  3. if the above fails after leaving feedback ... try to find out if anyone else is currently having the same problem... when Authentication goes off line or is not connecting users & accounts correctly ... this kind of stuff could happen.

Most of the time temporary problems will go away within 24 hours..

My problem with Dishonline, is that it shows that I've created a timer for a certain show on the Grid, but then it doesn't actually create the timer on my DVR.. it's like the whole online scheduling piece doesn't work. Even though there are no error messages or anything. The old online scheduling worked fine for me. Anyone else have the same issue?

My problem with Dishonline, is that it shows that I've created a timer for a certain show on the Grid, but then it doesn't actually create the timer on my DVR.. it's like the whole online scheduling piece doesn't work. Even though there are no error messages or anything. The old online scheduling worked fine for me. Anyone else have the same issue?
Yes It never works right for me .
I do not even bother trying anymore

Yes It never works right for me .
I do not even bother trying anymore
At times I feel this is all Dish is working towards ... things those of us used, found "good" about the offering just don't work as well any more ... we get disgusted, disenfranchised, ... or as some people might spin it DISHgusted, DISHenfranchised, etc.. and we don't bother trying any more..

If we're not complaining ... they must be doing it right ... Right? :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)