Dish or Charter.

Cable isn't like Dish and Directv. The HD channels have different channel numbers than the SD channels. If they want to go directly to the HD channel instead of doing what you are talking about they need to learn the HD channel numbers. I used to go over to my parents house when they had charter and find them watching the SD channel instead of HD even though they had an HD DVR. Dish was very smart to use the same numbers for HD and make it default to the HD channel.
My inlaws have SuddenLink and it's the same way. There isn't even a rhyme or reason to the channel numbering...for instance, channel 24 would be the SD, and 224 would be the HD, but then higher up in the channel numbering the SD and HD channel numbers only differ by 50, and not always. Makes it nearly impossible for me to find the HD channel in the guide when I visit each year.

I hate the TWC numbering I have, HD goes from 800s to 1700s with all sorts of other stuff mixed in. They sent out a notice that they will be redoing channel numbers soon. I hope they clean it all up.

Regarding channel numbers on Charter, another benefit of using WMC instead of a Charter DVR is that you can simply delete all the SD channels that have an HD version available. That way there is never any confusion. DirecTV also has a "hide SD duplicates" option. I don't remember exactly, but I think Dish does too. Charter DVRs have no way of hiding channels, but you can make a favorites list with only the channels you choose.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts