Dish or Directv

Of course, the deal that I explained above is for existing customers. I forgot that Dish has now started charging new customers a $5 monthly fee for the first Wally, whether you have DVR service or not. Still, this is a lower fee than Directv charges any customer for any receiver.

We have both, but have had Dish for over 10 years, DTV in just my room, because Dish doesn’t have ATT SportsNet Southwest, so I couldn’t watch Astros games. Ive had no issues or complaints about DTV. My only complaint about any of them, and this is with Dish, or DTV or ATT, or just about any other company these days, and thats Outsourcing there call centers out of the country. I used to get GREAT CS from ATT, when they call centers in the US answer, now its overseas, and the people dont act like they even know what company they work for and i know more than they do, and that everywhere now. But like i said, we’ve had Dish for years and i would highly recommend them, and if it wasn’t for Astros games, I wouldn’t have DTV.

Sent from my iPad using the SatelliteGuys app!

We have both, but have had Dish for over 10 years, DTV in just my room, because Dish doesn’t have ATT SportsNet Southwest, so I couldn’t watch Astros games. Ive had no issues or complaints about DTV. My only complaint about any of them, and this is with Dish, or DTV or ATT, or just about any other company these days, and thats Outsourcing there call centers out of the country. I used to get GREAT CS from ATT, when they call centers in the US answer, now its overseas, and the people dont act like they even know what company they work for and i know more than they do, and that everywhere now. But like i said, we’ve had Dish for years and i would highly recommend them, and if it wasn’t for Astros games, I wouldn’t have DTV.
I don't know about Directv, but Dish does have a phone number that will get you straight through to an American agent. Call 1-888-496-1260. This is the number for the Loyalty Department.

I don't know about Directv, but Dish does have a phone number that will get you straight through to an American agent. Call 1-888-496-1260. This is the number for the Loyalty Department.

Directv’s loyalty department speaks English also. Although I don’t know a direct number.

I don’t think any provider uses foreign agents for winback or loyalty.

It’s all mostly Philippines, but I’ll tell you the foreign call centers really piss people off.

Also since the merger, AT&T's future plans are to concentrate on streaming and dump DTV.

I hate to say it, that’s where everything is going.

If you don’t keep up with technology you might as well be out of business.

As more and more areas get reliable broadband, this problem is only going to become worse.

The writing is on the wall for Dish also. The only thing saving AT&T is the fact they are their own internet provider, and they have nationwide coverage when it comes up wireless.

Dish may have licenses, but they don’t have anything built out.

Once you go to 5G, that’s enough right there to fill in the under served areas.

Imaging if AT&T Delivered streaming via 5G. The service would be idiot proof to setup. Take the receiver out of the box, connect power and hook up to HDMI.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)