Dish out this morning?

Hightech

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 4, 2004
Midwest
Wife just called me and said both our receivers are not working this morning, she indicated it started out with just going in and out and now its just out, we have a 522, and a 622 receiver, anyone else experiencing any problems this morning?

TIA

Im in Indiana, seems kinda odd they are both out at least to me. Do the LNB's ever fail, cant imagine what else it could be if its on our side and both receivers not working.

Im in Indiana, seems kinda odd they are both out at least to me. Do the LNB's ever fail, cant imagine what else it could be if its on our side and both receivers not working.

Dish blown out of alignment. Dish blown off mount. Dish stolen. Cables cut. Have her look at the dish itself.

dual lnb failure seems unlikely.

I lost about half my HD channels 3 weeks after the upgrade. Turned out that an LNB had been knocked askew by something. Tech re-aligned and has been fine since.

appears to have been caused by some very dense Fog, although I gotta say, we generally hardly ever lose our signal, snow or otherwise, and ive had dish for many years, must have been some extra dense fog this morning.
:confused:

You might want to check signal strength and see if you're aimed correctly. I very rarely lose signal, and then only in very heavy rain or ice. Generally only for a few seconds. Fog? Something doesn't sound right. Aim may be a bit off, or maybe leaves/limbs or something partially blocking the signal?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)