Dish Overcharge comes clean

mevman

Original poster
Jun 25, 2004
Northern Indiana
Since I am fairly new to the forum I haven't been up on all the different things happening with Dish and their ways of doing business.
Since joining I have found out about the Dish 'N Up promotion and was pleased to receive my 811 2 weeks ago.
Since the 811 is working so well with the ATSC tuner from my OTA antenna I was able to stop my local channel feed from Dish and also stop the CBS HD feed from New York that I subscribed to 2.5 years ago.
That would at least save me 5.99 for locals and the 1.50.month charge on the CBS HD feed! $1.50/month for CBS HD you say? Yep, I was being charged a fee to receive the HD feed for CBS for the last 2.5 years.

When speaking to the CSR at Dish canceling my local feeds I mentioned that I no longer wanted the CBS extra feed and she mentioned that it was FREE with the local channels anyway. Hold on says I. If that is the case then you owe me some money! Can you hold on while I check with Dish Technical she says. Okay. 28 minutes later (yes...) she comes back on the line and apologizes for the delay and says that I am going to be credited to my Dish account funds in the amount of $45. Hmmm...okay and thanks!

At least they came clean and refunded the charges anyway. If I never had visited this forum, I doubt I would have ever know the difference.

thanks for a great board folks!

Did you have the CBS SD from New York, also?

If so, that's where the 1.50 came in

CBS HD is free if you're local CBS is Owned & Operated (O&O) and you're not within a Grade B of another CBS.
If you live in a white area and got Distant CBS from NY or LA, you would get the CBS hD for free but the SD channel is 1.50

I think Dish Network (along with other companies) overcharge on purpose knowing that a lot of them do not get caught. Why do you think that the error is usually in their favor in not ours?

Hardly ever do you see an error in the customer favor, thats so if you don't catch it, thats more free money for them. $1.50 doesn't sound like much, but when you add it up over thousands of customers that don't pay that close attention to their statements, thats more for them.

Must Carry installs now being coverted to SuperDishes!

Just heard a rumor that Dish lost their little dispute with the FCC concerning the 2nd Dish thing and that all must carry installs are now being converted over to SuperDishes.

If you want your locals you can have them on a Dish500, if you want must carry locals then its going to require a SuperDish.

So they are going to try to put the extra must carry locals on the SuperDish 105/121 and leave the rest of them on the Dish500 at 110/119?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)