Dish Parental Controls-Help!

gdw1978

Original poster
Sep 20, 2011
Iowa
I think I have found a glitch with Dish’s parental controls which essentially makes the function useless. The issue is I want to limit R rated movies and more mature, while allowing less than that to be viewable without the passcode. However, Dish’s guide does NOT display the ratings for all movies-many of which are 10 yrs old. By selecting R rated and more mature-that includes, “Not rated.” So, for my kids to watch Disney’s Descendants or Beetlejuice-they need the code because they are listed as Not Rated. However, these movies are old and have had ratings associated with them forever.

I’ve tried every combination I can to do a work around and can’t come up with one. Meanwhile, my kids have the passcode because my wife and I can’t/won’t put it in every 5 mins on opposite sides of the house. This seems like a glitch Dish needs to fix-anyone have any suggestions?

Yep I just removed parental control for this very reason. Was driving everyone in the house nuts. Just have to trust the kids or block certain stations outright

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys mobile app

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)