Dish Pass and OTA

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dare2be

SatelliteGuys God
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 15, 2011
FL
When I set up my Dish Pass timers on my new 722 a month ago, I happened to be using TV2. I recently realized that none of my Dish Pass timers are searching the OTA channels. To test this, I set up a Dish Pass on a local program that I know is only on one of the OTA channels while using TV2. Nothing came up. Then I went over to TV1 and set up the same Dish Pass parameters, and lo and behold, there it was. I went back to the scheduled recordings list on TV2 and could see it there as well. So it appears that if you are setting up a Dish Pass and want to make sure that OTA channels are included in the search, make sure you do it from TV1.

Since I'm fairly new to using a receiver with an OTA tuner (722), I didn't notice this quirk right away and thought it might be useful information for others who may not have been aware.

whatchel1 said:
Due to TV 2 doesn't have direct access to the OTA tuner is all.

I believe the ota module does allow you to see your off air channels on tv2.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I believe the ota module does allow you to see your off air channels on tv2.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys
Then you have been misinformed. The only way to see them on TV 2 is to have recorded off them and access those recordings. I noticed you have a K that is different than the standard 722 w/ only 1 OTA tuner.

Due to TV 2 doesn't have direct access to the OTA tuner is all.
On the surface, that make sense, but I had an impression that a "Dish Pass" searching all channels, as the name suggests, wouldn't matter which TV it was built from. I expected it to be global for the entire receiver, including OTA.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)