Dish pass like on H3 ??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

JS_racer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 18, 2007
Twin Cities MN
hello, is there an option to record " motorcycle racing" on a dish pass or something similar ??
normally its on 5 different channels.

sorry if this has been covered before. setting up my 100 timers, not a terrible job, and almost all were done using the search.

thanks for any help or information. new hopper3 user here, came from a 722k.

hello, is there an option to record " motorcycle racing" on a dish pass or something similar ??
normally its on 5 different channels.

sorry if this has been covered before. setting up my 100 timers, not a terrible job, and almost all were done using the search.

thanks for any help or information. new hopper3 user here, came from a 722k.
Most likely yes, I have a hws with the carbon ui like the hopper 3 and I was able to type in state wars movies and now any star wars not currently in my dvr record and save to a star wars movie folder

I have some timers that say DVR, others say seek. Seek are for all channels. Most were setup under search.
Trying to see if there is a way to change the type of a timer from DVR to seek?? Or how to create a manual timer based on name or something.

Thanks much

You have to delete the timer and recreate it using a specific episode if you want to just DVR that one channel.
Seek will record any episodes not recorded from any channel.

You have to delete the timer and recreate it using a specific episode if you want to just DVR that one channel.

makes sense, some of the search led to VOD, thus i was unable to set a timer. others said would you like to record when available, that was nice. others had a vod or record when available, and some of those the record was broken, and led to nowhere. the other catch, is the show may be running repeats on a different channel, and the timer will want to set a dvr type from the search for the channel new shows will not be on.

is there no way to change the TYPE of timer from dvr to seek ?? that would be nice. especially for racing type stuff, and shows that seem to move channels ******* under the summary screen record series, then i change to new only *****

thanks again

*** Just found that if i go to show summary, it may let me make a seek timer. seems to be working, did my motorcycle timer from that screen.
didn't work for walking dead though (gave netflix and vod options, no record though)

not bad, only missing 2 timer out of say 100, most shows not airing at this time, the search and summary worked great !!! many are seek (set off the summary screen) others are dvr set off the episode screen.. took some time, but the results seem very good. ***

Last edited:
Yeap, can't convert a timer from seek to DVR or vis-versa. There's been a few times I've wanted to and it would have been handy. For instance, with a seek timer, I don't believe you can restrict new, re-runs, etc, so for a show that's not airing but you want to catch it when it comes back on (weeks, months, etc later), a seek timer will work. Problem is (minor problem, admittedly) that when re-runs are shown or there's a multi-season marathon leading up to new episodes, it will record all of them before you may catch it.

I don't use it enough to know, so I believe you. Maybe what I was thinking was how it's search criteria can be "too broad" - it will usually end up recording stuff that's not exactly what you wanted but admittedly falls under the scope of the search, errr, "seek" term or phrase you used. Of course, it's better to record something, and allow you to delete it if it's not what you wanted vs record nothing at all.

Got ya, I was very surprised with how well it worked. It found every show by title, and I was able to set timers off the titles,
Would have been a huge pain in the butt, and almost impossible without the search like that.
I do miss and have not found the theme search thing. I would use it for sports like racing, then it would show me everything racing related. My 722k was the left button on the side of select. Not that goes to trending live.

Every day is a learning experience, amazing picture, features, very pleased!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)