Dish Pass/Seek type timer on HWS's future?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

a2zvisa

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 26, 2004
Visalia, Ca
First, I apologize for this redundant post but I have been searching for a definitive answer to this question:

Will DISH ever program the HWS with a Dish Pass or manual SEEK timer option in the future?

This is almost a game breaker for me. The way the search is set up now seems to have lost a ton of functionality than what I had before.

BTW, I recently upgraded from a Hopper 1 with a Super Joey and 1 regular Joey to the HWS and 2 Joeys. Love it but I am one of those that experienced a complete breakdown of the Hopper after a software upgrade.

Thank you for your time.

Reactions: joegr
First, I apologize for this redundant post but I have been searching for a definitive answer to this question:

Will DISH ever program the HWS with a Dish Pass or manual SEEK timer option in the future?

This is almost a game breaker for me. The way the search is set up now seems to have lost a ton of functionality than what I had before.

BTW, I recently upgraded from a Hopper 1 with a Super Joey and 1 regular Joey to the HWS and 2 Joeys. Love it but I am one of those that experienced a complete breakdown of the Hopper after a software upgrade.

Thank you for your time.
I agree the new software's is missing that critical feature. Search will sometimes turn up hits for programs that aren't in the guide (not sure why) but if there are no search results, you can't set a timer. There is no way to enter a program name in order to create a timer for a program you know will be on in say 2 months. I miss that too. I have to set a calendar appointment on my computer to remind me to set a timer a few days before the program.

Reactions: a2zvisa
I agree the new software's is missing that critical feature. Search will sometimes turn up hits for programs that aren't in the guide (not sure why) but if there are no search results, you can't set a timer. There is no way to enter a program name in order to create a timer for a program you know will be on in say 2 months. I miss that too. I have to set a calendar appointment on my computer to remind me to set a timer a few days before the program.
Thank you for understanding my post. I realize that navychop didn't understand my post. I apologize to navychop.
We use to be able to set a timer that would hit on either a key word based on the title of a program or within the description.

I used to have a timer based on the key word "star wars." Whenever ANYTHING within the guide data had "star wars" in it, it would set a timer to record that program. All I would have to do is periodically check the recording schedule for the week and either skip the recording or do nothing. Having this feature allowed me to never miss any programs that had cast members of the recent Star Wars movies appearing on their shows.

Reactions: joegr and navychop
722 Dish Pass. Cold. Dead. Hands.

Sorry, I know that doesn't help.

After the last time that one of my two 722Ks died (seemed like one or the other failed every year, usually fan or hard drive), I upgraded to the H3 and Joey2. I had no idea that I would lose the Dish Pass feature. I'm still very annoyed that it isn't there, but overall the change to H3 was still worth it for me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)